Airway Beacons and Petroglyphs in Utah's west desert

Bhill_teq

Utah is freaking rad. I think I first heard about these airway beacons from a local guy, detailing their history. Ever since I've been wanting to go out and find them! I found 2, and the 3rd was unreachable because of a locked gate. Besides that one behind the gate, there are still 2 more out there I need to go find!

NevadaLover

Forking Icehole
There are at least 5 beacons still standing on remote spots across Nevada, I believe there are a few in Utah as well, quite a few arrows left in both states too!

NevadaLover

Forking Icehole
Here's a really cool arrow not far from SLC near lake point, it's easy to get to and I believe it's on BLM land, definitely worth a trip to see.
Screenshot_20200217-111304_onX Hunt.jpg

Bhill_teq

There are at least 5 beacons still standing on remote spots across Nevada, I believe there are a few in Utah as well, quite a few arrows left in both states too!
Here's a great resource for finding arrows and beacons across the nation : https://thesurveystation.com/airway-beacons-list-western-u-s/
Here's a really cool arrow not far from SLC near lake point, it's easy to get to and I believe it's on BLM land, definitely worth a trip to see.
View attachment 567870
This one left me stranded at a gate. It's on private land, and even though it's BLM around it, you can't get to it. Super bummed too, it looks awesome! And is close to where I live.

NevadaLover

Forking Icehole
This one left me stranded at a gate. It's on private land, and even though it's BLM around it, you can't get to it. Super bummed too, it looks awesome! And is close to where I live.
That sucks, when I visited it in the early 2000's it was open access, probably got locked due to ignorant people that have no respect for others property, keep looking though because there are others that are accessible!

Bhill_teq

That sucks, when I visited it in the early 2000's it was open access, probably got locked due to ignorant people that have no respect for others property, keep looking though because there are others that are accessible!
Yeah, unfortunately. But we're not giving up! I'll report back when I find more!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier