Aisle width minimum, advice needed.

puiumeu

Hi,

We are building our cabin with dinette at front, bunks at back, shower room as entrance with kitchen opposite side.

What is the minimum aisle width we could have between the kitchen and shower room so we can keep the shower as big as possible without making the kitchen space unusable? Obviously we have to be able to open the fridge etc but finding it hard to visualize..

Any advice gratefully accepted.

Thanks in advance.

Al.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Sitec

Adventurer
Hi there. Put a picture of a sketch of your layout on here so we have an idea what your thinking.. What's the body width and length total? Cheers.

puiumeu

Hi,

I am unable to load the picture right now but the cabin is 4.6m x 2.2m. The dinette/front bed is 1.4m from the front wall with a crawl through to the truck cab. The entry door is 1.6m from the front and you qank through the shower with the WC on the left. There is a sliding door from the shower room to the main aisle.

Immediately in front is the kitchen. To the left refrigerator and storage until the kids bunks at the back which are 70cm wide across the back wall.

So the aisle space joins the front dinnete with the rear bunks with the kitchen on one side which is mostly counter top and an over head 30cm deep cupboard but full height storage and shower room sliding door on the other side.

I would like to make the aisle 60_70cm wide but wonder if this is too small...

Br

Al.

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
May be a good idea to use tape and put the design full scale on the floor. Place boxes where cabinets will be and see how it feels.

Yep. This is a good candidate for "Cardboard Aided Design". We could give you a number, but it's really hard to visualize the difference of +/- a few inches, whereas feeling yourself walking past a stack of boxes makes it very real.

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
It really depends on what size ******** you have.

We have a 1200 wide aisle in ours which is really about 1000mm when all obstructions are considered. But one of our criteria was both of us being able to move about without someone having to sit down.

This was a critical factor in our decision to move from a van based camper to a box based one.

But Herbie’s suggestion of cardboard is very valid. A few boxes from Home Depot and some blue tape on the floor of the garage will give you a much better idea of what is acceptable than the peanut gallery (including me) confusing the issue with our preferences.

puiumeu

Thank you everyone for such great suggestions.

I pick up the box in 2 weeks and will immediately go and get some boxes...

Thx

PM

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier