allochris´s bc journey continues...

allochris

Adventurer
hi, it´s beena while since i got internet access.

i´ve just got back from a couple days ski tour lately in the glaciers just north of pemberton valley in BC.

Buddy & I drove up the Hurley logging rd in the mtns for a 6 days ski tour in the glaciers. Driving up the steep logging rd was 8km shorter than we planned as the hurley rd was still not plowed from 3800ft on, so we parked the truck there for 6 days off the side and throw on our skins and walk 8km to get to our original starting point at the pass.

day 0
CIMG7698.jpg

CIMG7703.jpg

CIMG7702.jpg

Clutch

<---Pass
Great pictures!

My girlfriend just asked me..."Now, why aren't we living there!?"

I miss B.C....

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Looks like a great time.

Looks like you are having a blast.
How is the DIY camper working for you?
Cheers :beer:,
P

paulj

Expedition Leader
I drove the Hurley last fall
http://expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2658
though at that time there was only a fresh dusting of snow on the surrounding mountains. Backroads around Anderson Lake and Lillooet were move of a challenge than the Hurley.

Which mountain and valley did you climb? Was this in the Locomotive Mtn area? Was that Train Glacier in one of the pictures?

paulj

allochris

Adventurer
wow, it's been a while since i last wrote on this forum. After the last ski tour in May I drove south east thru Manning park to Princeton for a 4wks long treeplanting contract.

CIMG7864.jpg

CIMG7891.jpg

CIMG7897.jpg

CIMG7895.jpg

CIMG7950.jpg

CIMG7951.jpg

CIMG7954.jpg

CIMG7914.jpg

CIMG7953.jpg

Camper has been one excellent unit to live in while in camp during the last 4wks. Even with a couple rain pour, there was no leak to be found inside!
CIMG7869.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz