Alternator overcharge risk on AGM house battery?

jebers53

Observer
I use lifeline AGM house batteries charged by a 3 stage solar charge controller and when driving, also charged by my truck alternator through a solenoid isolator. I monitor battery state of charge with a Trimetric battery monitor. Lifeline recommends a float voltage limit of 13.3 at 77 F.
Often I find myself highway cruising at 100% battery charge and my battery monitor shows continuous voltage over 14 volts for sometimes hours. I understand that excessive voltage can create "gassing" and a subsequent loss of electrolyte even with these "sealed", valve regulated type batteries.
My question is: While bad. How much will this effect the longevity of these pricey beasts? Bad enough to justify a disconnect or "smart charger" between alternator and AGM's?

jeffjeeptj

Adventurer
I put an Odyssey AGM in my wife's 2003 Sequoia, fall 2004. I replaced it in early 2012 because i was on a contract job with long hours. assuring she was mobile was a high priority. I did not want a problem while I was at work. We were away from home, living out of a suitcase. I posted facetiously about the early failure. I was so disappointed, I bought another exact battery to put in the Sequoia.
She drove the Sequoia as she wanted, some short trips, some vacation trips, around town, left lights on a couple of times. There were no charge controllers, special charging, etc. whatever Mr. Toyoda did, was what the Odysssey got. I did put in a smart controller, and periodically hooked up my adventure trailer with its Odyssey PC2250 plugged into the Sequoia via an Anderson connector at the rear bumper, via #1 welding cable.
Sometimes the 2250 got charged by a 55 amp rv charger, it did sit for 6 months in the Black cargo (adventure) trailerwith a parasitic drain from the inverter. Went fairly well into discharge. That was in 2010. Still have the 2250. Not quite as long lasting as it was, but still powers the ARB for about 4-1/2 days in my 80 deg F garage.

Recently, i bought an Odyssey 50 Amp, 3 bank charger for the three #31 Sears Platinum Marine (Odyssey) and the 2250 I have for deep cycle use, like ARB fridge, ham radio, in the garage. I guess some guilt got to me to treat the Odysseys better, since I have read their Owner's Manual.
Hope this provides some insight.

Last edited:

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
Overcharging can take basically two forms - too many amps of current, or too high a voltage. Both can happen easier at higher temps.

Too many amps? Lifeline AGM? Not an issue.

Too high a voltage? Well...depends.

Since the vehicle charging system is a constant voltage power supply, once the battery reaches a voltage equal to the bus voltage of the vehicle, then the amps which flow through the battery will be basically zero. Oh, it might still absorb a few watts into the electrolyte, but not much. So it's not really charging at all.

Being held at a higher voltage, with very low current flowing, for a few hours won't matter. That's basically what an absorb stage does anyway.

Of course, if you brought your 40' RV home and parked it in its special place and hooked up your shore power and left the batteries at a 14v+ float for days, weeks, months - then yea, use a lower float voltage. But if all you do is drive around a few hours here and there, it's no big deal. Even if you do 8 or 12 hours a day, that's still not much different than just running the absorb stage for a longer time.

To blow the seal on the battery, you'll need, A) very high temps and B) either a high voltage (like 14.8v) for a long time (how long just depends, could be anywhere from 12 - 36 hours) - OR high amperage, which you won't get out of a constant voltage power supply when the battery is at bus voltage.

Driving around for a few hours isn't really "floating" anyway - just think of it as a bit of extra absorb (unless you drive 24/7, in which case it's a different story).

(An on another subject: Keep in mind the gotcha with the Trimetric (and all amp counters) - they start out accurate and get more inaccurate over time. In other words, "trust, but verify".)

camper101

Observer
Since the vehicle charging system is a constant voltage power supply, once the battery reaches a voltage equal to the bus voltage of the vehicle, then the amps which flow through the battery will be basically zero. Oh, it might still absorb a few watts into the electrolyte, but not much. So it's not really charging at all.

Thanks for asking this jebers53, I had just been wondering something similar recently...

So, assuming you're driving around on a sunny day, does that mean you'd hardly get any charge from the alternator (Because the battery system voltage would presumably be high -- possibly as high as the "bus voltage of the vehicle")?

And would that mean you're running more of a risk of UNDERcharging the battery while driving, if it's been drained and you're driving around in the sun?

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
Thanks for asking this jebers53, I had just been wondering something similar recently...

So, assuming you're driving around on a sunny day, does that mean you'd hardly get any charge from the alternator (Because the battery system voltage would presumably be high -- possibly as high as the "bus voltage of the vehicle")?

And would that mean you're running more of a risk of UNDERcharging the battery while driving, if it's been drained and you're driving around in the sun?

There's no separate battery voltage. The voltage of the system, and the voltage of the battery are the same. When the battery is low, it will hold the bus voltage down to whatever the battery voltage is - causing the voltage regulator to keep the alternator turned on, which supplies power for the battery to absorb and the battery voltage rises as it absorbs power.

Once the battery (and thus, the bus) reaches the voltage that the voltage regulator is set to, then the regulator will just keep switching the alternator on and off to hold the bus voltage there. At that point, there's pretty much nothing flowing through the battery, because its voltage is equal to the bus voltage and neither one can win the shoving match.

As for temp - the battery's resistance will be lower at higher temps, which makes it easier to flow excess current through it, or makes it easier for the battery to be overheated by a long term elevated voltage.

So no, you're running more of a risk of undercharging when it's cold than when it's hot.

camper101

Observer
Thanks dwh. For some reason I imagined that the charge controller would make it look like the system is at a high voltage, but I suppose if things were really that dumb they'd never work (it would always shut itself off). Of course, I'm still learning things...

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
Thanks dwh. For some reason I imagined that the charge controller would make it look like the system is at a high voltage, but I suppose if things were really that dumb they'd never work (it would always shut itself off). Of course, I'm still learning things...

Say your charge controller is set to bulk stage up to 14.4v, and your chassis voltage regulator is set at 14.5v. As long as the battery (and thus, the bus) is below 14.4v, then both the charge controller and the alternator can supply power to the bus. Once the battery gets to 14.4v, it's equal to the charge controller and the charge controller can't push hard enough to overcome the battery - Mexican standoff and nothing flows from the solar to the bus (and thus, to the battery). But the alternator will still be able to push some power into the bus, until the battery reaches 14.5v and then it's all a Mexican standoff.

But if the battery is not fully totally charged, it'll keep trying to drop its voltage, which will allow some power to trickle into the bus, from either or both of the of the power supplies, depending on how far the battery voltage drops.

jebers53

Observer
Thanks for the response dwh, I had hoped that the AGM's were able to tolerate a few hours of higher voltage without the loss of any of there relatively little and irreplaceable fluid. So you understand that the seals (vents) are meant as a fail safe to release gasses in a major voltage overload, they wouldn't allow small releases in regular but minor over voltages?
I also appreciate the description of how the two charges work in concert. And regarding temperature. The solar controller is temp sensitive and thus allows for higher voltage when the temp is lower and lower voltage when temp is down.

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
So you understand that the seals (vents) are meant as a fail safe to release gasses in a major voltage overload, they wouldn't allow small releases in regular but minor over voltages?

Right. It's like the popoff valve on a water heater or an air compressor. It doesn't open and close a lot. Takes a good amount of pressure to force it open. That's caused by high temperature, which is caused either by overvoltage, or overcurrent. Or a bit of overvoltage or overcurrent for a long time on a hot day.

jebers53

Observer
I called Lifeline and spoke with tech guy. He said while 14.+- volts overcharge won't pop the vents,but any overcharge will certainly shorten the battery life by " prematurely drying" the battery. He says the vents will "gas" at any overcharge, to varying degree based on the amount of overcharge. Yikes! He recommended installing a 3stage charger like offered by
http://www.balmar.net/regulators.html

DiploStrat

Expedition Leader
Take a deep breath and read the following table, lifted from the Lifeline Technical Manual.

See the entry in
red? That is your classic "AGM batteries should be charged at 14.4v." quote. True, but look at the numbers in blue, 40F. That's a lot more than 14.4v, isn't it. The trick is that the proper voltage varies with the temperature of the battery, so the "14.4v for AGM is merely a starting point.

Some more dirty secrets. dwh and I argue the details of this a bit, but the fact remains that he is right; as the state of charge of a battery increases, its voltage rises and it's ability to accept a charge drops. I can see this all the time. In fact, despite having a theoretical availability of 250A from my truck's alternator, it is rare that the batteries will actually charge at over 150A and rare that they will take that rate for more than one hour. All too often, I can watch the amps into the batteries drop to well under 100A, even though I may be as much as 100Ah down. One reason for this may be that even with a pair of AWG 1/0 cables, I still have a voltage drop of about 0.5v on the 20 foot run from the alternator to the camper batteries.

The final dirty secrets are that:

-- For Chevrolet, at least, modern voltage regulators are quite sophisticated and will even drop the output to a true float. (I can't believe that Ford and RAM are that much less sophisticated, but I have no experimental data to confirm this.)

-- You are unlikely to ever drive long enough to overcharge a large camper battery bank.

In my conversations with Lifeline they have always stressed the the real problem is not over voltage but rather too short a charging time. That is why you REALLY need that nice multistage charger is in your solar kit and your shore power setup. Your alternator is probably only ever going to give you bulk/boost charge. It is your shore power or solar charger that is going to keep going through the acceptance/absorb stage and, finally, float. And both my solar charger and shore power inverter/charger are temperature compensated.

As always, YMMV, scholars differ, etc.

Table 5-1. Charging Voltage at Different Temperatures for a 12 Volt Battery*

Temp °F AbsorptionVoltage FloatVoltage Temp °F AbsorptionVoltage FloatVoltage
-40 16.88 15.8670

-30 16.58 15.56 77 14.30 13.30
-20 16.30 15.28 80 14.27 13.25
-10 16.03 15.01 9014.15 13.13
0 15.78 14.76 100 14.04 13.02
10 15.54 14.52 110 13.95 13.00
20 15.31 14.29 12013.87 13.00
30 15.10 14.08 130 13.81 13.00

13.88 140 13.76 13.00
50 14.72 13.70 150 13.73 13.00
60 14.56 13.54 16013.71 13.00

Last edited:

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
Right. And "AbsorptionVoltage" is the voltage that you hold the battery at for hours and hours to get it fully topped off.

So you could expect that Lifelines at least (but really, they are all basically the same) to be able to be held for many hours at 13.7v even if the battery was at 160 degrees - without worrying about blowing the popoff valve.

Even if your vehicle holds the bus voltage at 14.5v (as mine does and as many, if not most, do), AND it gets to well over 100 degrees under the hood - you're still not going to blow that valve even if you drive all day. How do I know, because millions of people are driving around with sealed batteries all day every day, and not blowing the valves.

Battery manufacturers know this. They wouldn't design a battery that blows its top every time someone drives from L.A. out to Palm Springs.

I suspect that the Lifeline tech was reading from a prepared script. Most do - I know because I used to train CSRs and write their scripts. When he says "overcharging" will dry out the battery - he's talking about SERIOUS overcharging - like holding the battery at 15 volts for hours on a hot day.

Holding at 14.5v and driving all day in the desert won't do it. I know it won't - I've done it a million times.

The only time I've ever had a sealed battery dry out, was back in the early 80s. I had a brand new Diehard (sealed but flooded, not AGM) and it worked fine. I was working graveyard shift at DFW and left my lights on, AND it snowed that night. When I got off work, the truck wouldn't start. I noticed the light switch was on. I turned it off. Amazingly, after about 15 minutes, that frigging battery started the 460 in my truck.

When I got home, I put it on a charger and left it all day while I slept. But that was it - that battery would not start the truck anymore.

Since it was only a couple of weeks old, I took it back to Sears, but when I took the battery out of the truck I could see that it only had like 1/2 inch of water in it (translucent case). The guy at Sears was dubious. Said he would replace it, but he was thinking busted voltage regulator and would not replace the battery a second time unless I brought the truck in and let him check the voltage regulator.

He was right of course. I figured that out before I took the battery back, but played dumb so I could get a replacement.

The busted voltage regulator was letting the bus voltage rise to around 20v.

As I said - SERIOUS overcharging.

(And ever since then, I don't buy sealed batteries for deep cycle use unless I'm planning to do some aerobatics or other "unusual attitudes". I LIKE being able to check the water and specific gravity.)

Last edited:

jebers53

Observer
Thanks for the input guys. But I'm not convinced.

Diplo-"See the entry in red? That is your classic "AGM batteries should be charged at 14.4v." quote. True, but look at the numbers in blue, 40F. That's a lot more than 14.4v, isn't it. The trick is that the proper voltage varies with the temperature of the battery, so the "14.4v for AGM is merely a starting point."
You are referring to the absorption stage voltage. Again, my concern is voltage overcharge during "float" stage when while driving at 90F my monitor shows my battery is being charged at 13.9-14.2 for 4-5 hrs. According to your chart the max voltage at 90F should be 13.3, that's the " overchargeing" I'm talking about. Wouldn't you be concerned if your temperature compensated solar charger was not setting down to 13.3 but putting a charge up to 14.2 for hours at a time.

dwh- I don't think the tech was reading from a script. I specifically asked if the valves only "Blow" at serious overcharge, he replied they are designed to release slowly at any overcharge causing premature drying. " Even at 14 volts" I asked, yes, he was adamant " any over voltage will produce a loss and premature drying, the degree will depend on the amount of overcharge". I'm talking also about AGM's not flooded, which I understand have a significant less amount of (unreplaceable) fluid. And I don't think millions of folks are driving around into the Mohave in summer with deep cycle AGMs under their hood, hehe. Sealed flooded, yes. But the topic here is sealed AGMs that the manufacture stipulates should be maintained with a mutistage charger.

So yes, I agree, guys, I'm not talking about a catastrophic loss of fluid at the alternator voltage regulator putting out 14.5, what I'm concerned about is a slight loss of precious fluid over a few years that would like turn these into 2-3 year throw away batteries ( at $350 a pop) instead of what I would hope to be 4-5 +years?, at that price.

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
dwh- I don't think the tech was reading from a script. I specifically asked if the valves only "Blow" at serious overcharge, he replied they are designed to release slowly at any overcharge causing premature drying. " Even at 14 volts" I asked, yes, he was adamant " any over voltage will produce a loss and premature drying, the degree will depend on the amount of overcharge".

Okay, assuming for the moment that he actually knows what he's talking about...

If what he says is true and the valve opens and allows the battery to vent at any voltage over 14v (temperature dependent of course) - then every single VRLA (flooded, AGM or Gel) engine CRANKING battery is drying out 99.9% of the time a vehicle is being driven, since the cranking battery only gets drawn down like .1 or .2 amp*hours when the vehicle is started and then is topped off in minutes.

After that, it just sits there being held at 14v+ in a hot environment for however long the vehicle is being driven. On my truck, it's 13.5v at idle, 14.5v at any RPM above idle.

(And while there might not be millions of deep cycle batteries running around Mojave in the summer, there ARE millions of VRLA cranking batteries running around everywhere else in the summer. I've seen it get to 111 in the shade - in BURBANK.)

(And since I can see the objection coming; that there is a difference between cranking and deep cycle - no, that doesn't wash. If they used a higher pressure valve in cranking batteries, there is no reason not to use the same valve in deep cycle batteries.)

I don't buy it.

That's basically saying the battery was *designed* to dry out.

Hell, if that were true, the wouldn't make, sell and *warranty* AGM engine cranking batteries - because they know they are all going to dry out, because they were *designed* that way.

Engineers might be stupid sometimes, but they aren't THAT stupid.

But then again...engineers don't always get to make the final call.

I do recall reading somewhere long ago that when they started adding platinum catalyst to VRLA batteries to reduce water loss from gassing, they had some problems with it. As I recall, it had something to do with new cells straight off the production line are not all perfectly equal, and one of the results of charging them, is that some gas a bit more than others, so they all end up equal. But adding the catalyst reduced the gassing to almost nothing, so new cells never did end up getting equalized.

I think they solved that by implementing a procedure to deliberately overcharge the battery at the factory, forcing the valve to open and the cells to equalize. This is why even though every manufacturer tells you to never do an equalize on a VRLA battery - they all do actually have a procedure to do it. They just won't tell dopey battery owners that there is a way to do it. Basically you need an adjustable regulated power supply and the top secret, burn before reading, voltage/time numbers from the factory.

But maybe some bright management type came up with the idea to lower the pressure threshold on the valve, to allow more gassing and a quicker equalizing of the new cells. Save the factory some work. Shave a few cents off the cost per unit. Give the stockholders a chubby with a little uptick in the quarterly report.

The downside to that would be an increased sensitivity to overvoltage. That *would* be stupid - especially in a cranking battery that pretty much always operates in a hot environment and at 14v+.

But that doesn't mean it didn't happen, because the upside would be a shorter battery life - let's say...an hour past the expiration of the warranty - which would result in long-term increased sales and give the stockholders serious wood.

Damn, that's almost as good as shutting down the US factory, tossing all the workers out into the street and getting some poor bastards in the third world to do the work for 2 bucks an hour (or two bucks a day, depending on where you setup your new factory). Definitely some stockholder wood there.

Corporations ARE inherently sociopathic structures, since nothing matters to stockholders except the bottom line, so it wouldn't surprise me a bit.

Let's look at your concern about the life of the expensive batteries...

Here's the life cycle graph from Lifeline:

DOD-LIFECYCLES-small.jpg

So the question is: How far do you draw down your battery, and how many times do you do it?

If you draw down to 50%, then you're only looking at 1000 cycles. For a full-timer, that would be 3 years and then the battery is shot.

So, even if you reduced "dryout" to nothing. How long could you realistically expect the battery to live? You'd have to answer that, since you're the one who knows how you use it.

Since you are worried about premature drying out; how could you solve that?

You could use a DC-DC charger, which draws from the vehicle bus and converts that into a proper multi-stage charging profile WITH a proper float voltage. That would work fine if you had a single battery or a small bank - AND you drove enough to get all the way through the full bulk/absorb stages.

DiploStrat

Expedition Leader
Back to Basics

Rumor to the contrary, this is not a silly question. I spent about $1000 before I found a solution that I liked. So let's try to address each issue one at a time.

I use lifeline AGM house batteries charged by a 3 stage solar charge controller and when driving, also charged by my truck alternator through a solenoid isolator.

So do I. The biggest differences between our trucks is probably in the wiring harness between the alternator and the camper batteries; mine probably delivers a lot more amperage than yours. Drawing down around 125Ah every night, I need the fastest recharge I can get.

-- Mine is wired with 2xAWG 1/0 cables. About 100mm2 of copper. Large enough to pass about 200A with a voltage drop of only about 0.5v. I suspect that yours is wired with the standard Tiger 6 or 4 AWG (13 or 22mm2) cables. This means your maximum charge rate is unlikely to exceed 50A with a voltage drop of at least 0.5v. (Based on testing a dozen Tigers of various vintages at the Tiger rally in Leadville.) As the amp flow drops, so too does the voltage drop, but the bottom line is that you would be hard pressed to overcharge a Lifeline AGM battery with that wiring.

-- I use a heavy duty 200A rated Blue Sea relay for reliability and (hopefully) to reduce voltage drop. (That is, to reduce resistance in the circuit.)

-- I use an intelligent relay that assures that a charge at either battery is shared with the other and that the batteries are separated should either drop below "fully charged", approximately 12.7v.

Even with all of this, I rarely see more than 150A for more than an hour. Typically after the first hour the charge rate begins to drop off seriously and, after two or three hours it is typically under 20A. This is because as the battery charges it is less and less able to take a charge.

I monitor battery state of charge with a Trimetric battery monitor. Lifeline recommends a float voltage limit of 13.3 at 77 F.
Often I find myself highway cruising at 100% battery charge and my battery monitor shows continuous voltage over 14 volts for sometimes hours.

I also use a TriMetric and the intelligent meter on my Blue Sky solar controller. The latter is temperature compensated. What charge rate, in amperes, are you seeing? I suspect that if the TriMetric reports the batteries at over 90%, the amp rate is well under 10A. If so you are not going to over charge in less than several days of driving. An over charge requires too high a voltage AND too high an amperage AND too much time. Remove any of these and you don't have a problem. (And remember, the TriMetric is only guessing and its guessing is only as accurate as its setup.) The only thing you can really measure is the voltage of the battery when it is not being charged. (Called "resting voltage.")

What is the year and make of your truck? If newer than say, 2005, you might want to look at the shop manual. GM products, a least, have very sophisticated charge controllers that drop the voltage, amperage, etc., when required.

I understand that excessive voltage can create "gassing" and a subsequent loss of electrolyte even with these "sealed", valve regulated type batteries.
My question is: While bad. How much will this effect the longevity of these pricey beasts? Bad enough to justify a disconnect or "smart charger" between alternator and AGM's?

All batteries gas when on charge. With conventional flooded lead-acid batteries this gas is lost. With an AGM battery the gas is contained and recombined. From the Lifeline Technical Manual:

1.2 Overview of Lifeline® AGM Technology

Lifeline® AGM batteries are valve-regulated, recombinant gas, absorbed electrolyte, lead acid batteries. The cells are sealed with a pressure relief valve that prevents gases within the battery from escaping. The positive and negative plates are sandwiched between layers of glass mat consisting of a blend of glass micro fibers of varying length and diameter. This blend features superior wicking characteristics and promotes maximum retention of the electrolyte. An envelope of micro porous polyethylene surrounds each wrap of glass mat to further protect theplates from shorting. Electrolyte is absorbed and held in place by the capillary action betweenthe fluid and the glass mat fibers. The mat is over 90% saturated with the electrolyte. By design it is not totally saturated with electrolyte, a portion is filled with gas. This void space provides the channels by which oxygen travels from the positive to the negative plates during charging. When the oxygen gas reaches the negative plate, it reacts with lead to form lead oxide and water. This reaction at the negative plate suppresses the generation of hydrogen that otherwise would come off the negative plate. In this manner, virtually all of the gas is “recombined” inside the cell, eliminating the need to add water, resulting in “maintenance free” operation. Furthermore, since the acid electrolyte is fully absorbed in the AGM separator, the battery isnonspillable even when turned upside down.

This means that for any reasonable rate of charge there is no loss of gas or electrolyte. This is one reason why AGM batteries are popular; they require less maintenance and, because they are not spewing gas, they are less likely to corrode their terminals.

So how did I spend $1000 to learn this the hard way? When I started out, I assumed (from various sources) that my truck would, like my 1977 Blazer, basically run a 13v system and that I thus needed to boost the voltage to 14v. After looking at various products, I went with with a Sterling Power Alternator to Battery charger; basically a diode followed by a separate battery charger. Product worked as advertised, but it was large and expensive. And, when I first drove off in mid winter, it shut down because my truck was putting out over 15.5v. So, the Sterling got pulled out. After a LOT of research I learned:

-- My truck had been sitting for months while the camper was built. When it got on the road, the computer called for an equalization cycle for the starter batteries. Took a month or so of driving, but then the voltage dropped back to around 14v and has never budged since. Tracking down the shop manual, I learned that the GM regulator already had the proper profile for a modern battery charger, so there was no need to pay for an install a secondary regulator.

-- My next panic was that the truck alternator would keep zooming up to 15.5v and fry my AGM's, so I installed a smart battery combiner (http://magnumenergy.com/smart-battery-combiner-me-sbc/) that had a high voltage shut off. I still use it, but it is basically set at 15.5v. Again, a modern truck's voltage regulator is highly unlikely to overcharge your camper batteries. That is why I now recommend a Blue Sea ACR, an all-in-one relay and controller. (https://www.bluesea.com/products/7620/ML-ACR_Automatic_Charging_Relay_-_12V_DC_500A) This is what Tiger is now offering as an option all new Tigers.

In all of this, we are assuming that your solar kit is properly set up to go to float when required. THIS is important, as the solar kit is the dominant player during the final acceptance stage of charging.

If you are still worried, you could:

-- Install a Magnum SBC to control your relay. Then set the high voltage cutoff at any voltage you wish, for example, 14.5v. This would mean that the alternator would disconnect whenever the charge voltage rose to 14.5v or whatever voltage you select.

-- Spend some some heavy change on a CTEK Battery to Battery charger (D250S) (
http://smartercharger.com/battery-chargers/#CTEK%20D250S%20DUAL) and intelligent relay (SmartPass) (http://smartercharger.com/battery-chargers/#CTEK%20SmartPass) com It appears that the D250S uses a diode to force a voltage drop and then boosts this voltage to achieve a multi-stage charge. If the voltage drop is enough then it can achieve a true float as well. Nice product but limited to a charge rate of about 80A. At least one Tiger owner is using this combo and is very happy with it. I just prefer to get the same result for less.

Hope this is helpful and forgive any typos or logic skids.:)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke