Alu-Cab Gen 3 Tents & Shadow Awnings in Stock

alexplb

Ok... convince me why this is better than say James Baroud that is roomier, has more windows and lighter? Both are in a similar price point and I get that one can out stuff on the roof of the tent but aside from that what makes it more "superior" ?

BDRXO

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
Ok... convince me why this is better than say James Baroud that is roomier, has more windows and lighter? Both are in a similar price point and I get that one can out stuff on the roof of the tent but aside from that what makes it more "superior" ?

I'm not here to convince you of anything my friend...there are pros and cons to everything, you just need to pick what is right for you. If you are asking me what I like and appreciate about Alu-Cab tents after owning fiberglass hardshell tents for nearly 15 years, here is what I like:

Better durability and resistance to trees etc in off-camber situations
Ability to mount things to both the sides and roof via built-in T-track
Shadow Awning mounts directly to tent
None of the maintenance issues associated w/ fiberglass (you do need to maintain fiberglass or it will degrade)
Longer warranty
I think they look cooler :)

Last edited by a moderator:

alexplb

Thanks for the input!
how does interior and comfort compare to James Baroud since price point is similar ?

BDRXO

Thanks for the input!
how does interior and comfort compare to James Baroud since price point is similar ?

Both will be similar although the Alu-Cab tent comes standard with 6 shoe pockets built into the roof as well as 2 reading lights and a 12v / USB charge center

alexplb

how much is the awning and does it have other brackets that one can use to mount it to a custom build camper?

BDRXO

how much is the awning and does it have other brackets that one can use to mount it to a custom build camper?
The awnings are $1,499 and there are a variety of different mounting brackets made by Alu-Cab...so depending on your application there may be an off the shelf solution. PM me if you would like to discuss further

sonarman

There is a inner rail that the mounting brackets attach to. The outer rail can be used for attaching awning brackets or other accessories. Easy mounting with the channel you just slide brackets into position.

BDRXO

If you guys are referring to the silver tent on the green truck, that one was mounted with Alu-Cab load bars mounted to an Alu-Cab Explorer Canopy....all with out of the box hardware

BDRXO

You could just order the brackets, which may or may not work w/ your load bars. Feel free to PM me your contact info if you would like to discuss

BDRXO

Bump for new shipment arriving 3/30. We will have both Black & Silver Tents along with both LHS & RHS Awnings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94