Alu-Cab Gen 3 Tents & Shadow Awnings in Stock

BDRXO

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
@BDRXO bump for my texts. Been a few weeks with no response.
Apologies for the confusion Austin. When you last texted me late on a Friday I was out camping...and when I got home Monday & spoke w/ Rin, he told me he had addressed your questions on the water heater. Feel free to call me any time!

RoninWanderer

Definitely lost.... ?
Apologies for the confusion Austin. When you last texted me late on a Friday I was out camping...and when I got home Monday & spoke w/ Rin, he told me he had addressed your questions on the water heater. Feel free to call me any time!

Unfortunately, neither the air heater nor the water heater has been fixed. Neither system has ever worked and its only getting colder. Also, those texts were regarding the rigging linkages we were discussing. I have been trying to get info or part numbers from you for several weeks.

BDRXO

Unfortunately, neither the air heater nor the water heater has been fixed. Neither system has ever worked and its only getting colder. Also, those texts were regarding the rigging linkages we were discussing. I have been trying to get info or part numbers from you for several weeks.

Sorry, Austin, I did not see any texts about part numbers, and I was told that your H2O heater and furnace issues were resolved. No matter, I will call you so we can take this off-line :)

Romer

Adventurer
Question, your first post says 167 lbs. Their web site says 88kg = 194 lbs., wondering why the difference?

BDRXO

Question, your first post says 167 lbs. Their web site says 88kg = 194 lbs., wondering why the difference?

Hey Ken...My originally posted weight of 167lbs was bad data and has now been corrected. All Gen 3 tents weigh 88kg/194lbs. Thx for the catch!

BDRXO

Has anyone tried mounting kayaks on one of these? Maybe with the Thule hullavator? Pics?

Mounting Kayaks is not a problem. These tents are rated to carry 150lbs of dynamic load and the gas struts will still open the tent with a load on.

The Thule Hullavator mounts on a T-track so it would be easy to mount onto Alu-Cab load bars. That said, I have no pics of that specific application, but here is a pic of Kayaks mounted to a canopy camper (which has the same lid as a Gen3 tent).
kayak.jpg

Last edited:

LuisGW

Mounting Kayaks is not a problem. These tents are rated to carry 150lbs of dynamic load and the gas struts will still open the tent with a load on.

The Thule Hullavator mounts on a T-track so it would be easy to mount onto Alu-Cab load bars. That said, I have no pics of that specific application, but here is a pic of Kayaks mounted to a canopy camper (which has the same lid as a Gen3 tent).
View attachment 557130

Nice. Thank you. Definitely getting one of these when my build is complete.

BDRXO

There is a promotion running for March that offers a free mounting kit with the purchase of any awning. We have plenty of stock, so great time to save a few bucks

BDRXO

Price on a passenger side awning, please? Possibly shipped to 22311. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like you are in VA...so you would be further ahead purchasing directly from www.ok4wd.com as shipping from CA will be cost prohibitive. Give Tim or Chuck a call at 908.454.6973. And let me know if I can be of any further assistance :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior