AmboLander

FDM2012

Adventurer
Yep, looking good Eric!

BTW, how is that window unit A/C install doing? Still no problems with water leaking inside, etc?

Thx Pat.

I haven't really ran the A/C very much, but never seemed to be an issue with the drainage. The drain I put in
is in a very low dip in the pan. I did always have a big puddle on the ground, as designed.
I think the pan would drain quite well enough before I drive it, so as not to be an issue of
lapping over while driving.
The last time I did run it, it was in low 90's (interior ambient), and it pulled it down to 75-ish within an hour.
Good enough for me!

patoz

Expedition Leader
90° down to 75° isn't bad and at least it will get rid of the humidity, which is a big plus!

FDM2012

Adventurer
Not sure what everyone else is running on their Quigley's, but the Rancho RS5403 (Steering Stabilizer)
has mine feeling really good on the highway at 70mph, and the tires aren't near as grabby as I thought.

I am now more than satisfied with how the SRW conversion has ended up.

I will however, need to add rear floor sound proofing to my project list! It's not horrible, but it is more than
noticeable. All in good time, I reckon.

IMG_20171219_123137.jpg

FDM2012

Adventurer
It has obviously been many moons since I have posted, but haven't done much to my rig lately, and spring/summer is my busiest time of year with work.

Anyways, a couple of months ago, I did finally finish my suspension work by adding Timbrens and SuperSprings.
For some reason, I just couldn't wrap my head around swapping the rear springs out, thinking that they might start sagging
again within a few years.
I gained a bout 3 inches of recovered and additional lift, and it rides better than ever. Along with the Fox 2.0 shocks from the kit I installed, it is firm on turns and curves, but my kidneys never feel any pain when hitting bumps on the way to the grocery store.

It's now sitting level, I have no regrets, and would do it again in a minute.

IMG_20180427_1141097.jpgIMG_20180427_1141097.jpgIMG_20180427_1141399.jpgIMG_20180427_1417368.jpg

rubberduck

Observer
I’ve got some Dana 60 front dually hubs sitting in my shed. They are not extensions, but entire hubs.
We bought the 60 from an F450. it has the 8x200 8 lug extensions. Been coming up empty all around here trying to find the correct ones. Are you saying yours has the rotor and everything all in one?

Mundo4x4Casa

West slope, N. Ser. Nev.
FDM,
When did you purchase the 375x65R16 Mickey Thompsons? When I bought mine in 2012 or 13, they said these were the last of the breed and they were discontinuing the tire. I loved my M.T.'s as super singles on my truck camper, and used them on 12 inch wide by 16 Mickey Thompson wheels on the rear axle only. Unmounted comparo to stock size tire:

Mounted comparo:

On my RAM:

On the rig:

FDM2012

Adventurer
Hubs were 8x6.5, and gone anyways.

I got my tires last fall. There is a newer series with improvements. I like them.

FDM,
When did you purchase the 375x65R16 Mickey Thompsons? When I bought mine in 2012 or 13, they said these were the last of the breed and they were discontinuing the tire. I loved my M.T.'s as super singles on my truck camper, and used them on 12 inch wide by 16 Mickey Thompson wheels on the rear axle only. Unmounted comparo to stock size tire:

Mounted comparo:

On my RAM:

On the rig:

Mundo4x4Casa

West slope, N. Ser. Nev.
That's good to know. I went a completely different route when they became unavailable. Your discussion of what to do with a spare tire has me thinking about what I had to do to 'make it work'. As long as the spare tire is the same diameter, within + or - 3% of the diameter of the road tires, it doesn't matter if they match, or are very narrow or on stock rims with same diameter tire. When I upgraded to 35 inch tires (315x75R16) from the 33's as above the tire would not fit between the frame rails under the back of the truck as per stock. The solution was to mount the spare in the spare cavity with almost no air in it. On all these EXPO builds of any type, where to put the spare is an on going woe. My buddie, Alex solved his by fabbing up a swing away tire carrier for the rear. It's heavy, always in the way, but does the job as best as can be expected. Since it goes into the Class V hitch hole it will sustain any size tire.

jefe

cjken

Explorer
Hubs were 8x6.5, and gone anyways.

I got my tires last fall. There is a newer series with improvements. I like them.

FDM,

Mounted comparo:

On my RAM:

On the rig:

When you swapped to the SRW hubs did you add the tone rings to retain the front abs?
I did not I may re do that at some point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles