AmbuLand build thread

Abitibi

Explorer
Im also in BC... in New Westminster. Stop by one day to check it out. If you're serious about buying a good ambo already campirized, 4x4 and have a decent budget I can lead you to one for sale.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

FDM2012

Adventurer
Hi David. Not sure if you are still using this thread but I was wondering if you sold the Ambuland? I’ve been looking into such a conversion so now can appreciate how much effort went into this build.
Mark

How soon are you looking to buy?

Are you only interested in PopTop Rigs?

ChopperChuck

Im also in BC... in New Westminster. Stop by one day to check it out. If you're serious about buying a good ambo already campirized, 4x4 and have a decent budget I can lead you to one for sale.

That sounds good, I will try to drop by sometime. Currently out in Saskatchewan working for another few weeks

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
I’m also in BC. I’ve managed to connect with Abitibi in Victoria, but never connected when I’ve been off the rock, I’m looking forward to it though... but haven’t been going far these last 6 months. One day though. I figure I owe him some beer. :D

ChopperChuck

That sounds good, I will try to drop by sometime. Currently out in Saskatchewan working for another few weeks

Hi David,
I’ll be in Vancouver in the next couple of days. Do you have an e-mail or number I can contact you on?
Mark

TheRealPapaK

A bit of a last minute decision but I decided to raise the benches height and add a drawer in between for extra storage. The drawer top is done but no pics yet.

ed67c3f34030758d3f2c371ba8b9b52a.jpg
0edb219b588e6192637e52dba959b067.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

David, do you have any pictures about how the dinette ended up in the end? I've mulled over 10 different ideas and I can't land on one I'm super happy with. Did you drill out air holes and lightning holes in this set up? What did you end up using as the support?

Abitibi

Explorer
Id have to check my files but once I had those HD sliders in place I just secured a 3/4" plywood resting on top of the sliders and some pocket hole screws to keep in in place. No holes or lightning in it.

Not sure if that answer your question?

TheRealPapaK

Id have to check my files but once I had those HD sliders in place I just secured a 3/4" plywood resting on top of the sliders and some pocket hole screws to keep in in place. No holes or lightning in it.

Not sure if that answer your question?

Sorry I was more asking what you did to support the two halves when they flipped open to support the middle of the bed. instead of the milk crate Did your table leg do double duty or something?

Abitibi

Explorer
Sorry I was more asking what you did to support the two halves when they flipped open to support the middle of the bed. instead of the milk crate Did your table leg do double duty or something?

Ah ok. I had 2 options. One was the table top would simply drop down below the two halves (netting me a 1.5" base) by resting on support on each front of the benches. For the second option I had two aluminum tubes bridging the benches and supporting the two halves. That's what i did when I ended up cutting my table smaller.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier