An office witha view, Nextgen Overland and dog moves up in the world!

• Thread starter Deleted member 141581
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 141581

A few months ago while sitting in Deadhorse in the cold and snow we decided the roof top tent was too damn cold. We were working for Overland Expo at the time and needed some real office space. So we decided we were going to get a warm interior place to work. Fast forward several months, we no longer work for Expo but we do have an excellent mobile office that will provide a great place to work on projects and future jobs to come.

Our post on the build
https://www.nextgenoverland.com/201...-wheel-camper-fleet-flatbed-hudson-bay-flute/

IMG_20190206_163849-1.jpg

D

Deleted member 141581

Nice!!

I had the same truck for years. Same color too. Now we have an 04 Double Cab. What a great set up. I’m Jealous. ????
Thanks Stan! When I first started looking at the flatbed option I was told that I was unable to use the double cab. Boy o Boy was it difficult to find a rust free access cab with low miles and 4wd!! It is beautiful though.

richxd87

Observer
Thanks Stan! When I first started looking at the flatbed option I was told that I was unable to use the double cab. Boy o Boy was it difficult to find a rust free access cab with low miles and 4wd!! It is beautiful though.

Super sweet build! Thanks for sharing!

just curious, why are you not able to pair the double cab with a flatbed?

D

Deleted member 141581

Super sweet build! Thanks for sharing!

just curious, why are you not able to pair the double cab with a flatbed?

Honestly, I am not sure. Mainline Overland said something about the height of the cab and the width not working with the narrow profile. Looking at the resulting build I have a LOT of room over the cab and the width of the DC is very similar to the Limited I used. In all honesty, I suspect I could have easily used it, but when you have so much $$$ on the line you follow the direction given

outdoornate65

Adventurer
I can't wait to show my GF your build.....very sweet. We are both loving the flatbed models from FWC. Sold my RTT at Expo last spring and we are looking to upgrade. We have gone through the same process as you guys and think we have landed on a truck/camper combo giving us everything we need.

Couple questions about the Norweld tray:

Did the FWC dealer install the tray?

Did the tray come with the side panels or are they an option?

Thanks,

Nate

D

Deleted member 141581

I can't wait to show my GF your build.....very sweet. We are both loving the flatbed models from FWC. Sold my RTT at Expo last spring and we are looking to upgrade. We have gone through the same process as you guys and think we have landed on a truck/camper combo giving us everything we need.

Couple questions about the Norweld tray:

Did the FWC dealer install the tray?

Did the tray come with the side panels or are they an option?

Thanks,

Nate
Hey Nate,

Yes, the FWC dealer installed the tray. In fact I had no choice. There are a number of less expensive trays out there but due to a competition agreement the dealer cannot install or sell another supplier's tray. That being said it is a VERY nice tray.

The tray came with the boxes, they often come with 3 boxes and a tank, but figured a $5 plastic tank could fit easily in a box :p They are optional and you can get them with none, one or all.

If you have not already, check out our Instagram @nextgen_wanders , and shoot me an email if you have any questions. I'm happy to help anyone in their quest to getting one of these things.

D

Deleted member 141581

Awesome office! A goal of mine some day. and Congrats

Thanks man, any questions feel free to ask!!

Your sig is intriguing, how do you freelance that line of work? We are seeking work and that does not seem like something typically done in that capacity? I actually just wrote a blog article on a med subject after having an emergency appendectomy. Wildmed exp helped.

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
Thanks man, any questions feel free to ask!!

Your sig is intriguing, how do you freelance that line of work? We are seeking work and that does not seem like something typically done in that capacity? I actually just wrote a blog article on a med subject after having an emergency appendectomy. Wildmed exp helped.

Awesome, ill look that post up! One of my favorite sub forums here, is the medical one. I wish it got a little more love.

Did you have, try the Markle test, its great for field use when diagnosing acute appendicitis, glad you are ok!!! That can cause a lot of damage.

That is also a great question. I should maybe do a thread just on that, I have a local agency I am affiliated with. Umatilla County Fire District 1, i do 911 rescue calls as they come in and i am available, as well as transports. I do contract work with companies like

Event medics, has the contracts for all the nationwide Spartan races, and Tough Mudder. They also all do contracts for the film and movie industry, and productions.

I do volunteer medic work as well, like with a recent dog sled race, or with other organizations like Team Rubicon. My day job, is as a Risk manager, for a large company. My end goal is to completely just do contracts for remote medic work, and volunteer disaster relief work, consulting as a risk manager from the road. I could just about quit and go full time now, but have a few more ducks to get in my row first.

lots of networking, experience and the quals help. Do you have your EMT? Im happy to answer any questions you have as well.

D

Deleted member 141581

Thank's man for the info. Shoot me an email if you could at explore (at) nextgenoverland.com. If you ever want to chat. I was the risk management guy at Overland Expo for a while and tried to turn that org around but you can lead a horse to water etc etc and risk management was found to be unnecessary by the new owners. The stories I could tell you, lol. I'm sure they will learn the hard way as most places do when someone gets hurt or worse. At least I got my Infraguard membership out of it so can continue training and staying on top of issues.

I loved working in the field of risk management and would love to get back into it at some point. I'm only a WFR but the WEMT does look interesting. It would have to be able to support my traveling lifestyle so there is always that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94