2015 Ram 2500 Carli/Thuren Build W/Four Wheel Camper

Gibby56

Desert Rat
From what I understand, Thuren will not touch Carli shocks and vise versa (unless things have changed). Truck looks great!

That might be true. I’ll have to look into that. I know they have done some trick stuff for trucks local to me that didn’t purchase the shocks through them.

Another option is doing an AccuTune shock tuning day in Johnson Valley. The owner is a great guy and has done some incredible work for a lot of friends of mine.

Gibby56

Desert Rat
Quick little update. The 35's were really getting low and I have some camping trips coming up that might involve some snow. I was really happy with the grabbers but they did not offer a 37 for a 17" Rim with a weight rating I felt comfortable with. I ended up with 37x13.50 Toyo MT's and so far they have exceeded my expectations!

I thought they would look large in person but they fit the truck proportionally in my opinion.

Attachments

• IMG_3177.jpg
    IMG_3177.jpg
    460.6 KB · Views: 210

Gibby56

Desert Rat
Getting any rub at full lock?

None at all on the radius arms or sway bar. I am not sure if it is because of the Carli arms and sway bar are shaped slightly different than the original.

I do get minor rub on the pinch weld when turning into a driveway at speed, but I am going to address that this weekend with a cutoff wheel. Should clear full lock and tucked after the pinch weld is addressed

Gibby56

Desert Rat
I knew this was going to happen as soon as I spent the money on 2.5's :Wow1:

I can't wait to hear the reviews on these. Tempted enough already

Capture.JPG

Gibby56

Desert Rat
Over the holiday weekend the wife and I got invited to a friends cabin up at Shaver Lake. After some talking we decided to do the Bald Mountain trail. This is probably one of my favorite spots in California. The scenery is absolutely gorgeous and it is a good trail for groups. It is easy enough for a stock 4wd vehicle to get to the lookout tower at the top with some skillful driving but still has some fun lines for the more experienced/built rigs. We were sad we missed the snow this year but we still had a great time.

hdHQq.jpg

hdO8D.jpg

hdeTQ.jpg

hdzyM.jpg

hdlnA.jpg

Explorerinil

Observer
None at all on the radius arms or sway bar. I am not sure if it is because of the Carli arms and sway bar are shaped slightly different than the original.

I do get minor rub on the pinch weld when turning into a driveway at speed, but I am going to address that this weekend with a cutoff wheel. Should clear full lock and tucked after the pinch weld is addressed
Dremel and a large hammer works great. Do you have any pics of the 13.50 from the side, just trying to see how much wider they are than 12.50

Gibby56

Desert Rat
Oh yeah now your in for some fun camping in hard to get to areas. Awesome set up. How do you like the carli radius arms? I’m thinking about getting a set.

I love them. The main reason I bought them was for the spherical joint at the frame side and the limit strap mount built in. Also, I have seen the factory arms bend on the trail. Granted it was in a section the truck shouldn't have been in..

Dremel and a large hammer works great. Do you have any pics of the 13.50 from the side, just trying to see how much wider they are than 12.50
Yea, a cutoff wheel made quick work of the pinch weld. No more issues now!

Is this the angle you're looking for?

Wow, color me jealous. Congrats, it looks perfectly at home up there. Now you are truly limitless in your ability to go wherever and stay wherever, awesome!
Thanks brother, now I just need some nicer headlights :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz