Another, another which wheel. MRAP on a 550?

java

Expedition Leader
IMO Dont run the MPT81's

That being said, the MRAP wheels will work, but you will either be very wide or very narrow, the offsets just are not quite right.

I think the 1st Attack are a good wheel, I just wish someone would make a narrower one. And you have to remember they are still a flat plate center section.

millroad

IMO Dont run the MPT81's

That being said, the MRAP wheels will work, but you will either be very wide or very narrow, the offsets just are not quite right.

I think the 1st Attack are a good wheel, I just wish someone would make a narrower one. And you have to remember they are still a flat plate center section.
Thanks! What tyre to for if not mpt81? Think I´will have a go at the Hutchinson 10"20 mrap and try to figure out adaptors.

java

Expedition Leader
Thanks! What tyre to for if not mpt81? Think I´will have a go at the Hutchinson 10"20 mrap and try to figure out adaptors.
What do you have for axle weights?

Personally if run a 20"LT tire. You can get them rated at 4080lbs now.

Otherwise the g275msa is an option if you want the 42" size.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

mattcrouch1502

Observer
Not sure if it helps anyone but my 2008 F550 front axle is 84" wide from wms to wms. I have a set of MRAP wheels with the WCR adapters and some 395 Goodyear MVT's. With the adapter behind the MRAP wheel flange the overall setup is not outrageously wide. The front is somewhere in the 88" to 90" range from outside of tire to outside of tire. The rear axle is 74" and if you flip the wheels opposite of the front (big dish out) the axle will be wide, close to 94" wide. There are companies that make wheel spacers for the F550 axle and a set of 5" spacers would make the rear axle the same width as the front. This would allow you to run the same wheel orientation front to back. Here are a few pics of the wheels on my F550 axles I am swapping into my square body Chevy.

20191116_152324.jpg20191116_152314.jpg20190928_173607.jpg

Fatboyz

Observer
Not sure if it helps anyone but my 2008 F550 front axle is 84" wide from wms to wms. I have a set of MRAP wheels with the WCR adapters and some 395 Goodyear MVT's. With the adapter behind the MRAP wheel flange the overall setup is not outrageously wide. The front is somewhere in the 88" to 90" range from outside of tire to outside of tire. The rear axle is 74" and if you flip the wheels opposite of the front (big dish out) the axle will be wide, close to 94" wide. There are companies that make wheel spacers for the F550 axle and a set of 5" spacers would make the rear axle the same width as the front. This would allow you to run the same wheel orientation front to back. Here are a few pics of the wheels on my F550 axles I am swapping into my square body Chevy.

View attachment 557728View attachment 557729View attachment 557730
Are you in Alberta by any chance. Those look real nice. When I get my fenders cut out I want to stop in to WCR and try some out.

deaunovich

Man those 395/80r20’s look nice. I am maxed out with a leveling kit and fenders @ 365/80r20’s.

Attachments

• 9217C507-FF00-4972-A6E0-02507521CEED.jpeg
    9217C507-FF00-4972-A6E0-02507521CEED.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 116
  • 49F2B41E-A1EB-461D-82E6-C25E688F2242.jpeg
    49F2B41E-A1EB-461D-82E6-C25E688F2242.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 110

mattcrouch1502

Observer
Wow, you had those adapters shipped a long ways! Are those the Aluminum MRAP's?

Actually I got really lucky! I found a guy on Craigslist that had 5 MRAP wheels, with hardware and the F550 adapers and I got them for a pretty good price!

Man those 395/80r20’s look nice. I am maxed out with a leveling kit and fenders @ 365/80r20’s.

Good looking truck! I wish I didn't need this much lift but it is what it is... I am at about 6-7" of lift and a cab height around 78".

cph05a

1st attack wheels are 20x11. DBL Design makes a 20x10. They're about $700 USD per wheel. I managed to get 4 of mine used which helped a lot. Kind of a painful company to work with, but I've been really happy with the product. My overall width with the tires is just under 92inches wide.

Brewdiak

kodiak conversionator
not sure it helps but i'm selling a set of 5 mrap, with o-rings, valves, and inserts (HDPE). I got them from eastern surplus but swapped for some narrower staz wheels
https://www.easternsurplus.net/PartDetails/5844/16-Stud-8-Hole-Wheel-Rim
pm if interested - i'm selling everything for less than eastern charges and that's without shipping so if they work for you it could be a good deal. I'm near bellingham, wa though so if you needed shipping it may not be worth it (but i could possibly get them strapped to a pallet and over to a cargo place near the border that has a forklift for heavy freight to terminal)

Fatboyz

Observer
not sure it helps but i'm selling a set of 5 mrap, with o-rings, valves, and inserts (HDPE). I got them from eastern surplus but swapped for some narrower staz wheels
https://www.easternsurplus.net/PartDetails/5844/16-Stud-8-Hole-Wheel-Rim
pm if interested - i'm selling everything for less than eastern charges and that's without shipping so if they work for you it could be a good deal. I'm near bellingham, wa though so if you needed shipping it may not be worth it (but i could possibly get them strapped to a pallet and over to a cargo place near the border that has a forklift for heavy freight to terminal)
Are they 8 hole like in the link you sent? Did you have them on your truck at one point?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke