Another FNG

KhakiRubicon

Hello,
Found this site quite by accident and have spent the last several hours reading the various posts. Seems like a great site.
I was looking for storage solutions for my '04 Jeep TJ. We have a young daughter who is getting ready to start going on Jeep trips with us, which will mean I need to put my rear seat back in. I'm looking for a cooler that will fit behind the rear seat and still hold enough food and drinks for a full day. Any ideas?

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
I love that term. FNG! I was a RFNG, now I'm just an FNG. soon to be a FG...
Welcome! This place is great. Much more of a community than most forums...
Hey, they put up with me!
:av-7:

RunninRubicon

Adventurer
Engel

They maybe pricey but they seem to work forever. A small one can fit behind the seat and easily be plugged in the power outlet. If you are like many of us, we learned ice melts quickly and if the daughter becomes a usual passenger, cooling off the family will require something that works. Engel refrigerators have a very good reputation. The Aussie's swear by them! But that my 2 cents.
Welcome to the best spot for news on what works and what doesn't.

0utback

Observer
I don't have much to suggest for coolers, but Welcome from another Khaki Rubi owner. I also have a little one (1 yr old) who is waiting to go Jeeping. This forum is a great resource for information on may things. You will find it most useful indeed. Happy Jeepin!

KhakiRubicon

Thanks for the welcome. I fell in love with the Khaki the first time I saw it. Put it into a Rubicon package and sign me up. :)

I guess I'm not into the bigger expeditions that many are on this site, I mostly enjoy getting out into the backcountry and away from civilization, for a day or two at most, then back to the grind.

This is a great site though from what I can see. Giving me all kinds of ideas on what I might want to do next.

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
KhakiRubicon said:
I guess I'm not into the bigger expeditions that many are on this site, I mostly enjoy getting out into the backcountry and away from civilization, for a day or two at most, then back to the grind.

Most of us only get out on long trips once or twice per year...the rest of the year us working guys are relegated to day and weekend trips as we can sneak them in....so don't let something like that hold you back!

Welcome to the site....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior