Another SCAM Alert

cameron1

Seems there is a constant scam problem on Expedition Portal. This is my second time trying to use the classifieds. Each time now I have been sent emails, almost as soon as I post, claiming to have what I am looking for. It is offered up at either the same price as the ad or slightly less, but always pushing the free shipping. When asked if I can come take a look at the item, there is no response addressing my question, just that the item can be shipped and the claim that I am out of town on business. BEWARE and don't ever send money with out proof of the items existence and location. If anyone is looking to buy something in the McMinnville Oregon area, I would be happy to go confirm that it really exists for you. SCAMMERS SUCK.

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
So true!

I once messed with a scammer while selling a BMW for $20k. Every time he would send me a new fake $25k money order (to my company address) I would tell him I lost the money gambling......he would then send me another fake MO and again, lost the money on booze and girls....this went on for weeks and hit $100k. In the end he threatened to report me to the FBI so I gave him my office phone number so we could talk about getting his money back to him. He actually called and we talked, he threatened and I explained since I ran the Criminal Investigations Division, I'd be happy to meet with him to discuss the MO's....he hung up.....Goodtimes!

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Seems there is a constant scam problem on Expedition Portal. This is my second time trying to use the classifieds. Each time now I have been sent emails, almost as soon as I post, claiming to have what I am looking for. It is offered up at either the same price as the ad or slightly less, but always pushing the free shipping. When asked if I can come take a look at the item, there is no response addressing my question, just that the item can be shipped and the claim that I am out of town on business. BEWARE and don't ever send money with out proof of the items existence and location. If anyone is looking to buy something in the McMinnville Oregon area, I would be happy to go confirm that it really exists for you. SCAMMERS SUCK.

The same is happening on other forums. It's a recurrent problem, caused by actual people creating users.
Please report the user so we can ban them.

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
FYI:

Same guy, same phone number ripped a guy off for a Bronco bumper over on bronconation.......Consider yourself lucky. Cheers.

0C8856B5-D266-4D57-97F9-E51307C62EB2.png3E3E7FDE-3D01-4E5E-80D5-99B085C58DBB.pngF752AC20-AA33-4EF4-BDAD-BF952C91440C.png

Pntyrmvr

Adventurer
I’m looking for an old Dodge across a bunch of forums.

Once every 2 weeks somebody brand new to the group posts that so and so has exactly the unicorn I’m searching for and to contact him through email.

I always reply with a welcome to the forum message and a how do you know so and so question.

I never get a reply.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior