Another Xterra Guy

jingram

Adventurer
I've been lurking in these forums for some time now. What a great community here. Anyway, I have an 04 Nissan Xterra 4wd that I am just not starting to sort out for expedition work. I was using an Isuzu Trooper before that. It's a shame a guy can't go out and buy something as utilitarian as the Trooper with a modern power plant these days, especially a diesel! Anyway, I will post pics up soon. She has new shoes and I have just finished up the lobo mod and my bluetooth GPS project so I will post on those as well.

Jack

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Welcome to ExPo Jack from a current Trooper owner to a former one. Congrats on your X purchase. Kep us posted on your build progress and post some pics when you get a chance.

Bergger

Explorer
articulate said:
Well Jack, what is a lobo mod? I'd be interested to know. Yeah, and pictures please. :ylsmoke:

The lobo mod is simply a shelf system that suspends from the Xterras ceiling tie down hooks. Some have improved it so it won't rattle and it can be swung down turning it into a pet barrier. Here are some pics.

img13547006gt.jpg

184495521.jpg

jingram

Adventurer
Bergger is correct. I bought a utility shelf like the one pictured at Home Depot and strung it up so it free floats on bungees. I trimmed about 1" off each side so it does not swing into the side windows. Overall it works excellent. I have a bunch of gear I keep up there all the time now:

Emergency Road Kit, Backpack with a couple of MREs, fishing pole, river shoes, a bunch of lures, Heavy Duty Tow Strap, LED Flashlight, etc. I've been swamped at work this week, but will try and get pics of the rig soon and the things I have done so far.

Attached in this post is are a couple of pictures of the retired trooper. I never did much with it in the way of modifications with the exception of larger tires and better shocks,, but what a great vehicle it was! My girlfriend's dad has an 80 series LC and is now using the old Trooper to commute in.

img4071mediumne9.jpg

img3597mediumbh3.jpg

img3598mediumml7.jpg

dirtysouth

Adventurer
Bergger said:
The lobo mod is simply a shelf system that suspends from the Xterras ceiling tie down hooks. Some have improved it so it won't rattle and it can be swung down turning it into a pet barrier. Here are some pics.

img13547006gt.jpg

184495521.jpg

Ooh, I like.:clapsmile

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online