Any Fjällräven fans on here?

mortonm

Expedition Leader
A few months ago I picked up the keb trouser on clearance. Ends DUP being less than half price.

I really love them so far. I like the more athletic tighter fit compared to a lot of hiking pants which are really loose.

Materials are top notch and I am a fan of the front cargo pockets.

The ankle closure system is fabulous allowing you to loosen them up and be used as a pseudo gaiter or tightened up to keep out of the way.

In fact I am wearing them as I type this I just got back from a hike

SurferJacoby

日本車???最高
A few months ago I picked up the keb trouser on clearance. Ends DUP being less than half price.

I really love them so far. I like the more athletic tighter fit compared to a lot of hiking pants which are really loose.

Materials are top notch and I am a fan of the front cargo pockets.

The ankle closure system is fabulous allowing you to loosen them up and be used as a pseudo gaiter or tightened up to keep out of the way.

In fact I am wearing them as I type this I just got back from a hike ]

How are they holding up for you? I'm considering the Keb ahead of an expo this summer. Only been able to find them online and am wondering if one can't do better at a $200 price point.

mortonm

Expedition Leader
How are they holding up for you? I'm considering the Keb ahead of an expo this summer. Only been able to find them online and am wondering if one can't do better at a $200 price point.

Worn them a few dozen times camping and hiking since January.

I have only washed them once and they look brand new. G1000 is tough, even tougher than you realize.

These pants have it where it counts and a stretchier material elsewhere to ease movement.

Only downside is it is getting to warmer weather now and I won't be able to wear them as much until fall.

Two thumbs up from this guy

SurferJacoby

日本車???最高
Worn them a few dozen times camping and hiking since January.

I have only washed them once and they look brand new. G1000 is tough, even tougher than you realize.

These pants have it where it counts and a stretchier material elsewhere to ease movement.

Only downside is it is getting to warmer weather now and I won't be able to wear them as much until fall.

Two thumbs up from this guy

A big thanks! I'll be over landing for three weeks on August traveling out West. Would they be too much for the summer heat or would you still recommend in spite of that?

mortonm

Expedition Leader
A big thanks! I'll be over landing for three weeks on August traveling out West. Would they be too much for the summer heat or would you still recommend in spite of that?

I haven't worn them in the heat of summer, but they do have two leg vents on each side. One at the ankle and one at the thigh which helps. Each vent is a 6" zipper or so that opens up to spill heat.

They also make a version of the keb trousers that zips off into shorts, that might be perfect for you. Although they are a bit more

Tiktaalik

Supporting Sponsor
Fjällräven Tents available in the US in 2016

For the Fjällräven fans on this forum I thought I'd let you know that Fjällräven will become available in the US in February of 2016. In conjunction to this I am considering a special group buy offer for ExPo members at approximately 30% off retail. I will be setting up a thread specifically for this group buy offer in order to gauge interest.

Akka_bla_vinter.jpg

Tiktaalik

Supporting Sponsor
Verkstad, var bor du någonstans?

For those of you who are interested, here is a link to the Fjällräven tent announcement.

workerdrone

Part time fulltimer
So here I am a year into wearing my vidda pros, and they still look new and they're probably THE most comfortable pants I've ever worn. They feel like they were made for me. The pockets are really well thought out, something I couldn't really assess in the store properly, and I love the ankle adjustment snaps and use them all the time.

Spending this much money on a piece of clothing starts to seem irrelevant after you have enough miles on the item and they've become a well-loved accessory. And they seem like they're going to remain so for another decade or so...

And this is one of those fabric blends where cotton doesn't necessarily kill in the outdoors - yes, now that the wax has mostly washed out of mine, they do get wet, but they dry faster than anything made out of cotton should, and the tight weave is great for insects in the warmer weather. Wax 'em up and put them over some thin fleece pants and you've got some great abrasion and wind resistance.

workerdrone

Part time fulltimer
I also bought a pair of Vertx pants for the same sort of outdoor kickin' around, beat on them active wear kind of stuff on Amazon shortly afterwards, and they're good pants. I like them OK. Not even close to the same quality or comfort as the Fjallravens. Not close.

jymmiejamz

Adventurer
For those of you who are interested, here is a link to the Fjällräven tent announcement.

I was so close to buying an Akka Dome at Naturkompaniet last week in Stockholm even though I really don't need it. Their tents look like awesome quality, like all of their products.

SurferJacoby

日本車???最高
Impressive

Purchased asset of the Vidda Pro pants and am very impressed. Sent the Sarek shirt back cause of wrong color but between the quality, design and thinking that went into these I can see more Fjallraven items in my future. At 5'10" and a 32" waist I went with the 48s. Fit is on point and the venting, pockets and tightening options at the cuffs make it an unbeatable pair of hiking pants. Also got a travel sized wax to use when necessary.
image.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles