Any Hiace 4x4 Van owners out there?

Lovetheworld

Yes, Dutch Hiace 4x4 owner here!
The Hiace took us from Amsterdam to Tokyo overland! (and a boat ferry) Via Russia, Central Asia and Mongolia
It has parttime 4x4 with low-gearing and a (factory) LSD in rear axle.

It is slightly modified as you can see :)
Engine is the original 4 cilinder 2L, 2.4 liter diesel without turbo ( as simple as you can get), so not the 1KZ engine

20180723_122557-jpg.1883412

20180719_111437-jpg.1883411

20180731_171050-jpg.1883413

20180912_141259-jpg.1883415

phph8RN1N_DJI_0030.jpg

phpB8Qj99_DJI_0048.jpg

Roverchef

Adventurer
Great pic's from everyone involved in this "new" forum. I have imported a lot of vehicles from all around the world over the years. If I can help anyone deal with the bureaucratic BS of getting their vehicle(s) legal here in the states please don't hesitate to hit me up.

MLu

Adventurer
Nice! Those old Hiaces used to be absolutely everywhere over here (Finland), but I think most of them have been shipped to Africa. There were just a handful 4WD of the versions for sale right now. They are the quintessential "some crappy old van" over here, but even now they were asking 2-4000 € for the clean ones from the 1980s.

Lovetheworld

Nice! Those old Hiaces used to be absolutely everywhere over here (Finland), but I think most of them have been shipped to Africa. There were just a handful 4WD of the versions for sale right now. They are the quintessential "some crappy old van" over here, but even now they were asking 2-4000 € for the clean ones from the 1980s.

Yes, that is the bottom price as determined by the export market to Africa.

However, together with the Mitsubishi vans, they are quite special in that they combine a van body with a full 4x4 drivetrain with low-gearing and all.
But of the Hiace many versions came with full-time 4wd, no low-gearing. Especially the (RHD) 3.0 turbodiesels came with fulltime 4wd, where the (mostly LHD) 2.4 or 2.8 liter diesels came with 4x4, mostly for European and African market.

Andywear

121k miles, 4WD, 2CT auto, Skylite roof, and icebox.
Lets hope it shows up within a week. :D??

nocorider

Oh yeah. A buddy of mine bought a Prada from there I believe. He is happy with it.

I received my VIN and got plates on mine yesterday. Now just waiting on my title from the state and that’s that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andywear

I love Pandas!! I have been to Italy 3 times and always loved the 4x4 90's style Pandas.
Tis a shame they dont sell the coolest of vehc here in the states.

Paddler Ed

Adventurer
Oh yeah. A buddy of mine bought a Prada from there I believe. He is happy with it.

I received my VIN and got plates on mine yesterday. Now just waiting on my title from the state and that’s that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
excellent!
I love Pandas!! I have been to Italy 3 times and always loved the 4x4 90's style Pandas.
Tis a shame they dont sell the coolest of vehc here in the states.

Great confusion here guys... One is talkimg about a Land Cruiser Prado, of the era old enough to be imported into the USA it'll be a coil sprung 70 series.

The other is talking about a Fiat Panda... quite a different beast...

:p

Andywear

Shipped so fast they forgot to send the title, bill of sale and legal entry to the country docs.
At least I got State Farm to cover it with Insurance.

Attachments

• here1.jpg
    here1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 92

AcesHi

I recognise Lovetheworld's van from the supercustom forum :)

My Godzuki!. Not got it further than Germany yet, spent lots of time in Scotland and Wales. Plans afoot for further afield.

JDM import into the UK, 1995 SuperGL base, full camper interior, 2.8D auto, part time 4wd with low range. 2" lift.

'tis a beastie. A slow beastie, a thirsty beastie, but non the less a beastie :)

Attachments

• van1.jpg
    van1.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 24

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles