Any interest in engine conversion electronics

polksfinest

Observer
I am just trying to see if people would buy a kit that would let them put any engine in a D2 and have everything working with no check engine lights. What would you guys pay for it? Also would there be any interest in a complete conversion kit

merr1ca

I would bet that there is a market here in the US for such a thing. There are already a good number of swapped Disco II's around but some sort of standardized system might be appealing. Problem is that your usually into a Disco II closer twice its value after a swap... Most people wont jump all over that.

Swedjen

Well, when you say "any engine", that's too general. What did you have in mind? Some GM LS whatever? Is that what you are thinking for a conversion kit? A COMPLETE conversion kit would be worth a look.

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
I wouldn't waste your time on discos.

I'd get into Range Rover Classics and Defenders. Those are actually worth money, and will be for some time.

Disco's are generally cheap, and owners of them are just getting into Land Rovers.

polksfinest

Observer
Well I will have to check into that then I have all of the cad files for everything I made and the most expensive part was the torque converter which I had the stall lowered on but my adapter plate works with a chevy bell housing so you could put a LS in one if you wanted to if anyone that wants to put a different engine into a RRC and they live near asheville NC I could data log there ecm and I would have no problem building one for them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior