Any lovers of shooting with scopes here?

Zixotane

I have my Ruger 10/22 with Sig Sauer Romeo4 - a very high-quality collimator made in graphite color, looks very solid on it. But I have feeling that it is too fancy for me, I want something simple in usage. I checked the comparison of mine with its "baby brother" - https://tacticsfaq.com/sig-sauer-romeo-4-vs-romeo-5/ and I think about changing Romeo4 to Romeo5. I like that Romeo5 is more compact and you don't need to adjust it. Does anyone know is it worth doing that ?

Bodybag

the 5 is a bit less expensive, smaller, battery life is a bit less, 4 is more for say target shooting, 5 is more for home protection. four different reticle options vs 2 moa red dot. just depends on how you want to use your ruger.

DieselRanger

Just bought a 10/22 with a Veridian EON 3-9x40 included for my son. Great little scope - shooting piggybacks at 100 yards indoors. Nice and bright. Looks like they're $140 on the website.

WSS

Rock Stacker
This is a Sig Sierra 3 BDX paired with a range finder and my iphone. Enter the data once, then range and put the dot on target. It is capable of 1200yd hits mounted on a 6mm Creedmore.

IMG_6984.JPG

Roha

I have my Ruger 10/22 with Sig Sauer Romeo4 - a very high-quality collimator made in graphite color, looks very solid on it. But I have feeling that it is too fancy for me, I want something simple in usage. I checked the comparison of mine with its "baby brother" - https://tacticsfaq.com/sig-sauer-romeo-4-vs-romeo-5/ and I think about changing Romeo4 to Romeo5. I like that Romeo5 is more compact and you don't need to adjust it. Does anyone know is it worth doing that ?
I'd say if you already have Romeo4, don't bother, unless you have extra cash flowing around to get it just for some minor benefits. You basically have a superior model already at hand so just roll with it. I've been running Romeo4 for 2 years on my CZ 527 7.62x39 and you grow to like the extra features. Yeah, it's a bit bulkier but it's not a huge difference in my book.

Last edited:

DieselRanger

This is what I have on my M1A Scout Squad. That rifle is already dead-on accurate on open iron sights at 400 yards - this just takes all the challenge out of it. Haven't been anywhere I can push beyond 500 yet but planning a late spring trip to 4 corners region (maybe...the snow is just too good to not take a backcountry day if I get the chance) and I'm kind of looking forward to some very long distance opportunities.

PXL_20230321_185316022.jpg

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Nice!

Hope no one minds a quick question, what's a good low-mid priced scope for an AR 5.56 @ 100 to 500 yds?

ITTOG

I put a romeo 3 and juliet on my AR15. It was fun at first but now I want to get into some real distance shooting. I also need a hunting rifle so have been thinking about getting a 300 WinMag with a nice scope on it. I am new at all this so a lot to learn. Luckily my neighbor is an ex-sniper so I am learning a lot from him whenever I can get him to the range.

WSS

Rock Stacker
This is what I have on my M1A Scout Squad. That rifle is already dead-on accurate on open iron sights at 400 yards - this just takes all the challenge out of it. Haven't been anywhere I can push beyond 500 yet but planning a late spring trip to 4 corners region (maybe...the snow is just too good to not take a backcountry day if I get the chance) and I'm kind of looking forward to some very long distance opportunities.

View attachment 770265

Very nice rig! You should be able to reach 700yds with that set up. I have a burris XTR II on a 308. I have hit 600yds, but a few friends running the same set up have done 700yds. Mine is a 18" barrel.

Here is a pic of my dad shooting it at 600yds:

IMG_6992.jpeg

IMG_2171.JPG

MisterNoisy

I love shooting small groups with optics! As I've gotten older, I much prefer my bolt actions to my SA rifles.

IMG_20240206_002437688.jpg
Top is a Howa 1500 20" heavy barreled .308 action in a Hera H7 chassis (with a rattlecan paint job) wearing a PA 4-16x44 FFP while the bottom is a Ruger American Ranch in 5.56 in a Boyd's Spike Camp stock topped with a Vortex Diamondback Tactical 4-16x44 FFP. Both are absurdly fun to shoot tiny groups with.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles