Any Sport owners also on monterosportonline forums? Site seems dead?

redraif

The uphill battle begins
So I post over there to get more Sport specific info. Oddly it seems the forum has really dropped of participation wise in the past month and a half. Around that same time I noticed that I can't get on there at work on my desktop pc. (Internet Explorer) maybe work blocked it?

I can still get to the forums via my phone though. At the same time, I noticed the home page there is inaccessible. If you click on home you get sent back to the forum page. The main home page had the link to the sport DIY section. I thought it was odd so I looked in my emails as I had emailed myself a link to one of the DIYs. Well the link totally did not work.

So has anyone else noticed any issues? I posted a notice of my issues in the forum there and no one said a word. One other person noted that they could not find the DIY section, so I'm not the only one. You would think at least an admin or moderator would have said something....

So is the forum just dying or are there some technical issues. How ironic that I just start to get the sport going and it's specific forum starts to fall to the wayside. ... grrrr.

hove102

Adventurer
Speaking from my experience with the site, it seems pretty dead. The Monty Sport community is already pretty small, but it seems to being dying out even more. You seem to be the only one posting on the site regularly along with Edward, the site moderator. I'm just as bummed as you are about the traffic dying out...I guess that's what we get for choosing 4WDs that don't have 7 slats in the grille or a "sombrero" on the nose.

redraif

The uphill battle begins
Lol.... such is my luck!

On a side note.... somehow.... the forum worked on my spouses pc and the diy and home page reappeared on my mobile. Lol... as soon as I post something... lol!

snowaddict91

Adventurer
This happened once before like a year or two ago. Owner forgot to renew the domain I think. I know he no longer has a sport, can't remember all the details but I think there was a post on the forum somewhere.

mapper

Explorer
I'm sure there is a lot of great information there that would be a shame to lose/not find but we certainly don't mind hearing about your Sports on this forum!

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
Maybe we should get a sport sticky thread and start porting over some information from that site? I occasionally go on there but it's really dead. Very different than forums I frequented when I had my 1st gen 4runner and 3rd gen toyota pickup.

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
A lot of the Mitsu 4x4 forums are "dying" it's more of a shift though, people seem to be migrating here. That's not necessarily a bad thing but nobody is porting over the old tech which is unfortunate. Some motivated individual(s) should start rewriting old tech writups based on current work, pictures and findings following the old threads like Jay has been doing.

redraif

The uphill battle begins
If I ever get my laptop back up and running.... I tend to take pics whenever I do things, so rolling it into a tech diy won't be too hard. It's just I do them when I do the articles. Do we need to make a diy section to funnel these in, so they don't get lost in the forums? Maybe form a sport sub section? I know for me, I was quite confused till I figured out the sport was not the same as a montero. Trying to search on this forum to find what was sport versus not when folks refer to different generations. Uphill learning curve for sure....

redraif

The uphill battle begins
Letting domains expire for a extended period of time too, will kill a forum very quickly too. Everyone will forget about it and move onto a new place like here.

The other cause of dead forums is facebook groups, everyone posts there because it is quicker, but at the same time no one takes the time to search on their own before posting a basic to mid level tech question. Then you get the same question over and over again because unlike a traditional forum, searching for a specific post is a goddamn nightmare or rather isn't actually archived.

Facebook is quick and easy, but not the best resource for information.

Agreed!

The crap i had to sift thru for info is ridiculous. So much dead end threads or dead pics... I always try to circle back and post how things turn out. Can't do any of it on facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz