Anybody using a split A/C system ?

B85

Adventurer
Looking into a A/C system and don't want it on the roof. I have been looking a the split A/C systems. Anybody using one? Pointers ? It will be driven of my generator 120 volt AC or shore power .Also trying to keep the high weight down low on my truck. She is already to top heavy to start with. LOL.

One of the things I have learned is the split systems can be a heat-pump's. But only good down to 40+- degrees. After that something will need to pickup the slack.Maybe a Marine diesel fireplace heater or LP ?

Grenadiers

Adventurer
We have a RolliCool made by the RolliBot vacuum cleaner company. Small 10k btu cool only, mini split system. Except the wiring and coolant lines between the condenser and evaporator, are connected to each other. We built a small table to hold the outdoor unit on the side of the camper, and put the indoor unit through a window and set it on the counter or table. It comes with plastic window spacers for the install. So far, works very well for us.
DSCN985117510001.JPG
DSCN985217520002.JPG
DSCN985317530003.JPG

110v, cord is attached to indoor unit, runs at 7-11 amps. Paid 479 dollars for it, prices vary depending on where you find it.

Neil

Observer
I use a split system.

There is a thread running about it on the merc4des section of this forum

It works brilliantly

Neil

Coachgeo

Explorer
I use a split system.

There is a thread running about it on the merc4des section of this forum

It works brilliantly

Neil
Got a link? Looked thru your activity threads in your profile and did not see any split ac threads you had commented in beside this one. there was one on add ac to am OM3152 unimog but that different animal than split ac.

Neil

Observer
Sorry my mistake I thought you were referring to a system when the compressor, evaporator and condenser were all separate items, connected up by hoses.

If this isn't what you meant then my mistake.

Neil

Coachgeo

Explorer
Sorry my mistake I thought you were referring to a system when the compressor, evaporator and condenser were all separate items, connected up by hoses.

If this isn't what you meant then my mistake.

Neil
sounds like your referring to a typical trucks AC. Split AC is often all electric.... like https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...pm=a2700.7724857.main07.27.25013470egf4rp&s=p

though some have used ones for Micro Cabin Homes that are 110v but go thru an invertor or use small a generator.

bts1969

We have a RolliCool made by the RolliBot vacuum cleaner company. Small 10k btu cool only, mini split system. Except the wiring and coolant lines between the condenser and evaporator, are connected to each other. We built a small table to hold the outdoor unit on the side of the camper, and put the indoor unit through a window and set it on the counter or table. It comes with plastic window spacers for the install. So far, works very well for us.
View attachment 435927
View attachment 435928
View attachment 435929

110v, cord is attached to indoor unit, runs at 7-11 amps. Paid 479 dollars for it, prices vary depending on where you find it.
Is the unit still working well? If so I'm thinking to purchase one now. Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste