Anyone have Patagonia AT tires?

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
A year and a half ago I ran into Milestar Patagonia MT tire. Never heard of the Milestar or anything about their tires. I pulled the trigger on the Patagonia MT and it is the absolutely perfect tire for my 2000 Suburban that I use mainly for off-road use.

My 2011 Suburban does not get as much off road use and now I am looking for a set of tires in the 33x12.5R17 range and stumbled onto the Patagonia AT tire at a price that is very attractive.

Goes anyone have Milestar Patagnia ATs on their truck and how do you like them?

JAVbfeU.jpg

Patagonia MT, too aggressive for what I am looking for.

IXuh3gp.jpg

Patagonia AT, LT tire, E-rated, and M+S rated, with 50,000 mile tread warranty.

My other choice would be to go back to the Nitto Dura Grappler which I really like but are significantly more expensive.

Lets see what you guys have to say!

Sims4adventure

A friend of mine is running them on a f250. Loves them gets good fuel mileage out of them and has no complaints at all.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

TNSG

I have not used those exact ones but I have used that brand for my other rides. I had no issues at all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
A year and a half ago I ran into Milestar Patagonia MT tire. Never heard of the Milestar or anything about their tires. I pulled the trigger on the Patagonia MT and it is the absolutely perfect tire for my 2000 Suburban that I use mainly for off-road use.

My 2011 Suburban does not get as much off road use and now I am looking for a set of tires in the 33x12.5R17 range and stumbled onto the Patagonia AT tire at a price that is very attractive.

Goes anyone have Milestar Patagnia ATs on their truck and how do you like them?

JAVbfeU.jpg

Patagonia MT, too aggressive for what I am looking for.

IXuh3gp.jpg

Patagonia AT, LT tire, E-rated, and M+S rated, with 50,000 mile tread warranty.

My other choice would be to go back to the Nitto Dura Grappler which I really like but are significantly more expensive.

Lets see what you guys have to say!
Are these made by Cooper or sourced overseas?

Sims4adventure

They a what is called a #2 tire . They are built to the same standard as the big 3 like BFG. They just don't have the same advertisement as them. Wich inturn keeps the price per tire down. All tires regardless of manufacturer have to meet D.O.T standard. That's why they are marked D.O.T Approved. Just like cars they are all tested before the get the markings D.O.T.

buellconvert

They definitely have some serious sipes going on and look like they'd do alright in the slippery stuff

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
They a what is called a #2 tire . They are built to the same standard as the big 3 like BFG. They just don't have the same advertisement as them. Wich inturn keeps the price per tire down. All tires regardless of manufacturer have to meet D.O.T standard. That's why they are marked D.O.T Approved. Just like cars they are all tested before the get the markings D.O.T.

#2 tires have always been my number one choice. I know that all tires sold in the US for street use are marked DOT compliant and go through the same testing and standards as the big name manufacturers. I have absolutely no complaints about my Patagonia MTs and I will keep them on my current off road truck for the rest of it's life.

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
A friend of mine is running them on a f250. Loves them gets good fuel mileage out of them and has no complaints at all.

Thats good to hear, I am extremely happy with my other Patagonia MTs, very good to hear that Milestar is consistent across the board.

I found a couple really good deals for around $120 per tire, which is a steal for LT285/70R17 AT tire with 50,000mile tread warranty, going to keep looking around, I'm sure I should be able to get that number closer to $100 per tire shipped with fathers day around the corner.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Just curious Mr Crazy, you mentioned in the start of this thread that the top pic was a tread pattern that was too agressive for you. Which tire did you buy and can you post a pic of it? Also what was the cost per tire inc. taxes? I guess you still went with the 37 inch size and a load range E´?`As far as I know we dont have these tires in Canada. It would be cool to hear what you have to say. Cheers, Chilli.. ?

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
Just curious Mr Crazy, you mentioned in the start of this thread that the top pic was a tread pattern that was too agressive for you. Which tire did you buy and can you post a pic of it? Also what was the cost per tire inc. taxes? I guess you still went with the 37 inch size and a load range E´?`As far as I know we dont have these tires in Canada. It would be cool to hear what you have to say. Cheers, Chilli.. ?

Chilli,

Patagonia MT that I am running on my 2000 Suburban 1500 which I primarily use for off road adventures will be way too aggressive for the daily driver, kid hauler, highway queen 2011 Suburban 2500.

JAVbfeU.jpg

Thats the Patagonia MT thats too aggressive for New England paved roads.

I have not yet bought a set for the 2500 Suburban, however I am leaning towards the Patagonia AT 285/70R17, which I found for $138.97 shipped per tire no tax at Simple Tire

Patagonia AT/R at walmart for $101.48 plus tax, which comes out just under $105 per tire shipped.

Nankang at-5 conqueror a/t LT285/70R17 121S obl winter tire at walmart for $127.65 shipped plus tax. Very similar tire to Patagonia AT

I'll update when I finally decide what I want and pull the trigger.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Chilli,

Patagonia MT that I am running on my 2000 Suburban 1500 which I primarily use for off road adventures will be way too aggressive for the daily driver, kid hauler, highway queen 2011 Suburban 2500.

JAVbfeU.jpg

Thats the Patagonia MT thats too aggressive for New England paved roads.

I have not yet bought a set for the 2500 Suburban, however I am leaning towards the Patagonia AT 285/70R17, which I found for $138.97 shipped per tire no tax at Simple Tire

Patagonia AT/R at walmart for $101.48 plus tax, which comes out just under $105 per tire shipped.

Nankang at-5 conqueror a/t LT285/70R17 121S obl winter tire at walmart for $127.65 shipped plus tax. Very similar tire to Patagonia AT

I'll update when I finally decide what I want and pull the trigger.

Wow thats a crazy price differance from the 37 inch Toyo muds I run. They cost $550 a tire on sale plus taxes in a 37 inch. How much did ya pay for your 37 inch MTs Mr Crazy? IO really dont know what size tire it is in metric but I run 37 by 12.5 wide. Cheers, Chilli..?

Last edited:

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
Wow thats a cray price differance from the 37 inch Toyo muds I run. They cost $550 a tire on sale plus taxes in a 37 inch. How much did ya pay for your 37 inch MTs Mr Crazy? IO really dont know what size tire it is in metric but I run 37 by 12.5 wide. Cheers, Chilli..?

Chilli,

Original set I got back in 2017 ran me $206 per tire shipped :) thats $824 for all four with free shipping! March this year I paid $221 per tire for two tires that I had to replace due to a nasty sidewall puncture. And I just ordered two more for $440 shipped for two tires. Thats for a 37x12.5R17. I do like my Toyo MT for a spare, but it's so heavy, 35" spare with 25-30% tread left weighs less than my 37 brand new.

I'll get a picture of the new tires mounted in my other thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles