Anyone have the ecotrek RTT on M1101 trailer?

Redman333

Adventurer
http://ecotrekcamper.com

I looked at this trailer at the oceans expo east and I have a flyer on the actual tent there. It's a M1101 trailer converted over. They put what I assume is their own RTT on the trailer which has a side room setup on it already with a pvc floor for the room as well as a side canopy that can be screened in also. The guy said it has 200sqft of covered area. The brochure says the enclosed section is 115sqft. If you check out the website I didn't see the one I'm talking about but I'm hoping someone has info here on it. I liked it because the RTT wasn't head high to get in and maybe only waste to chest high but had the added space on the side that made it feel somewhat like a loft setup. I am wanting to build my own trailer and this seemed to fit what I want perfectly. The only problem is I've never heard of the company or seen anyone with this tent so I have no idea if it will hold up. He said I can buy just the tent for $3k which is a lot to spend on something Ive never heard of.

Here is what it looks like. These are all pulled from their Facebook page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Scrapdaddy

Adventurer
Redman,

Looking at the tent deployed, how do you get to the pull out tray? I like the idea of it, but if the tent opened up to the side, seems it would work better. What am I missing?

Redman333

Adventurer
Redman,

Looking at the tent deployed, how do you get to the pull out tray? I like the idea of it, but if the tent opened up to the side, seems it would work better. What am I missing?

Yea you're probably right. If it opened up to the side then the slide out tray could open under the canopy or just as storage and open on the backside.

Redman333

Adventurer
It looks that way. I think I'd prefer it to open under the outside canopy though and not have to move the ladder. Although I could see how this could be handy too though.

coop74

Old Camping Dude
Redman,

There is a canvas flap you unzip and the tray pulls out into the ground level space below the bed. Very cool actually IMHO. Only trailer like it that I think you can use all the trailer space with the tent up.

Big Coop

redirtroad

Redman333,
This is the owner of Ecotrek Camper in Cosby Tennessee. I just now saw your post on our M1101 military trailer conversion. If you had questions on any of our products, I wish you had contacted us directly. Please let me further educate you further on this conversion. The tent on this trailer is NOT a RTT, it is called a trailer tent. The tent does have 212 square feet under roof-our brochures have a mistake concerning the square footage (115 sf) - we do apologize for any confusion.
You are correct that this unit is not on our website, as we chose to only post it on our Facebook page. As we explained to everyone at the Overland Expo East, where we displayed this unit, that this unit is a prototype conversion developed by Ecotrek Camper and there would not be any other information about it on the internet. This is why anyone interested in this unit or conversion should contact Ecotrek Camper directly.
As far as you not being aware of our company, we have been in business for over three years and have been featured in several national publications. We have developed several overland trailer models which have been sold all over the United States racking up thousand of off road miles.
To address you concerns about whether the tent will "hold up" and "never heard of it", this style of trailer tent in mostly popular in the Outback of Australia and is made of a heavy duty 14oz W/P, W/R cotton/poly rip stop canvas, which is a much heavier fabric than what is used on roof top tents. This tent will give the user many years of service.
Once again, this conversion was developed for those people who have purchased a M1101 military trailer and are looking for a solution for turning their trailer into an over-landing trailer. We had the tent especially engineered for the M1101. There are several other companies who manufacture a trailer tent camper unit, such as Kakadu and Gordigear. We are in the process in developing out own version of a trailer tent camper, the T5,
becoming available the spring of 2016.
If you or anyone on this thread has any questions about any of our products, please contact us directly at ecotrek@comcast.net

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior