Anyone having issues with KO2's?

Little Foot

Crawler/Overlander
If you have a friend with the same size wheels/tires, and they’re willing; swap to their tires and see if it goes away. If it comes back it’s not your KO2’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GreenH3ll

Had 2 set on my truck but now i have Falken and i will never go back to K02!! Uneven wear , constant un-balancing and even crack had started to appear on the tread!! Falken...do-it!!!

dreadlocks

40k miles with my KO2's on my tow vehicle, never been rotated or balanced since I put em on.. wearing perfectly fine, no chunking, no cracking, no vibrations, no complaints..

My jeeps not even lifted and it gets death wobble bone stock, thought it was a design feature.. whats the fun in living if you dont have a brush w/terror every now and again.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
I had my Toyo AT2's rebalanced and rotated at Discount today.
The manager swears by his KO2's. I had a set on my last CTD and never could cure the freeway vibes. Discount rebalanced,road forced them,the whole enchilada. I think they were just lousy tires. I switched to Toyo products and no issues yet and it's been 15yrs.
When asked he said he's not had many sales of the Falken AT3w's for the diesels.

I have two Wagoneers, and a 1993 XJ.
The waggys ran BFG KOs, and one has the KO2's. The XJ has KO2s and has about 20K on them at this point.
I have never had them re-balanced, nor have I rotated them (I know I know........ I should just to lazy). There is a little chunking on them, but I run a few rough trails up here in the high desert.
Last week I got a puncture out in Joshua Tree in the XJ, so that tire needs to be patched, and re-balanced.

So far I like them a lot?

billiebob

50 years with BFG, starting with Corvettes and Trans Ams, on to F250s, 20 years of BFG, mostly KOs on Wranglers, never had any issues. Fabulous tires.

roving1

This is the way BFG AT's have been for decades. Lots of issues and huge variance in performance from size to size, vehicle to vehicle, and manufactured lot to manufactured lot. Seemingly average tire wear at best and often crappy compared to everything else. Most overrated tire for the money in the universe.

nitro_rat

Lunchbox Lockers
Contact BFG directly. Death wobble is not caused by tires.

I beg to differ. I have had several death wobble issues that were definitely caused by tires. Broken belts and other structural issues WILL cause death wobble issues.

Last set I had were Michelin AT's that developed the problem at around 80k miles on my Ram 2500. No biggie, they were about due for replacement anyway.

Set before that were new BFG AT's on my Suburban. Just junk from new. Went with some Coopers, problem solved.

Both vehicles well maintained. I put 235k on the Ram before selling, 800k and counting on the Suburban, still runnning it...

kwill

Observer
I had them on a 2014 T4R with no problems but they have gotten outrageously pricey in the common sizes so my latest set of tires are Falken and so far, so good.

Last edited:

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Contact BFG directly. Death wobble is not caused by tires.
BFG KO2's are the #1 tire that cause DW on Rams even with tight steering. Change out to a rounder tire and voila no more DW. I've ridden in Score chase trucks with KO2's. Squirmy as hell. The last sponsor they had was Toyo and their MT's are rock solid.

billiebob

BFG KO2's are the #1 tire that cause DW on Rams even with tight steering. Change out to a rounder tire and voila no more DW. I've ridden in Score chase trucks with KO2's. Squirmy as hell. The last sponsor they had was Toyo and their MT's are rock solid.
OK, all I want is a ride in a Score chase truck ! And I agree Toyo makes a top notch tire. But 45 years of buying BFG tires, i've never had an issue.

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Just to add more 1st hand experience, I have ran several KOs, and the last set was a KO2. I've experience zero issues for their entire tread life. Balanced easily. Seemed flat. Did not induce DW, and no punctures.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94