Anyone in CO that can help check out an LR3 for me?

So, here's the deal.

My wife and I have been looking for an LR3 for a while now, and unfortunately there aren't very many good ones here in Utah. However, we've found a nice one in the Parker, CO area which appears to check out pretty well. Carfax shows that it has been maintained fairly well. However, I'm hesitant on pulling the trigger on it without taking a look at it, or at least having someone familiar with LR3s/Land Rovers in general take a look at it. That's where I need a bit of help. Is there anyone in the area that wouldn't mind taking some time to go check it out for us? Just need someone to check for the usual potential issues such as control arm bushings, compressor, diff whining, etc. If it checks out, then I plan on making the quick jump in a plane to pick it up and drive it home.

What will you get out of this, aside from my undying gratitude? Well, I'll be sure to at least show my thanks somehow (gift card for your favorite restaurant, fill up on gas, something).

Feel free to reply or PM in here if you're up for it.

H

High Country Nomads

So, here's the deal.

My wife and I have been looking for an LR3 for a while now, and unfortunately there aren't very many good ones here in Utah. However, we've found a nice one in the Parker, CO area which appears to check out pretty well. Carfax shows that it has been maintained fairly well. However, I'm hesitant on pulling the trigger on it without taking a look at it, or at least having someone familiar with LR3s/Land Rovers in general take a look at it. That's where I need a bit of help. Is there anyone in the area that wouldn't mind taking some time to go check it out for us? Just need someone to check for the usual potential issues such as control arm bushings, compressor, diff whining, etc. If it checks out, then I plan on making the quick jump in a plane to pick it up and drive it home.

What will you get out of this, aside from my undying gratitude? Well, I'll be sure to at least show my thanks somehow (gift card for your favorite restaurant, fill up on gas, something).

Feel free to reply or PM in here if you're up for it.

These guys rock, I took my LR's to them all the time. About 30 Minutes west of Denver. - http://www.mitautomotive.com/

herm

Adventurer
You should post in the four corners forum. i may be able to help, but hopefully someone closer can take a run over there. its a minimum hr. drive from boulder. i am not familiar with LR stuff specifically but am familiar with automotive engineering.

mpinco

Expedition Leader
A recommendation - have the owner take it to JC's British & 4x4 for an inspection. If there are any issues the vehicle is already at a highly knowledgeable independant LR3 shop for estimates and negotiation with the seller.

You then have a know quantity and may want to have any work done before picking it up.

jerdog53

Explorer
A recommendation - have the owner take it to JC's British & 4x4 for an inspection. If there are any issues the vehicle is already at a highly knowledgeable independant LR3 shop for estimates and negotiation with the seller.

You then have a know quantity and may want to have any work done before picking it up.

I use JC's and have been happy with them.

upperporcupine

ColoRover
Also, another great shop is Dave's European...I call him Rover Dave. He is the other well-recommended Rover Specialty Shop in Denver.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles