Anyone know All Pro Off Road bumpers?

mountainpete

Spamicus Eliminatus
All Pro makes high quality gear - for bumpers it's mostly tube instead of plate designs. If I remember correctly there is only one drawback to the All-Pro design. There is no shackle attachment point or tow hook built into the bumper. You have to loop around one of the tubes. To me this is a drawback, but not necessarily a deal breaker.

Personally, if I was looking for a bumper for an 05 right now, I would without a doubt go straight to Shrockworks. Their design is superb and worth the wait (they can't build them fast enough from what I hear). Otherwise you can't go wrong with ARB either - but I am partial to full plate bumpers instead of tube designs.

Pete

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
mountainpete said:
All Pro makes high quality gear - for bumpers it's mostly tube instead of plate designs. If I remember correctly there is only one drawback to the All-Pro design. There is no shackle attachment point or tow hook built into the bumper. You have to loop around one of the tubes. To me this is a drawback, but not necessarily a deal breaker.

Personally, if I was looking for a bumper for an 05 right now, I would without a doubt go straight to Shrockworks. Their design is superb and worth the wait (they can't build them fast enough from what I hear). Otherwise you can't go wrong with ARB either - but I am partial to full plate bumpers instead of tube designs.

Pete

I am also a huge Shrockworks bumper fan. :victory:

RichmondBasin07039.jpg

Brad

erin

Explorer
I have dealt with them 3 times now for my 04 and have nothing but good experiences with them. Fit and finish is very good and they deliver very fast. They also seem very knowledgeable when asked questions.

crawler#976

Expedition Leader
Since 2001 I've invested an enourmous amount of $$$ with All Pro - it's all top notch stuff. My SAS'd '87 P/U has the following AP fabrication parts:

A 5" lift complete SAS kit, High Steer kit, 5" lift x 56" Rear springs w/ axle flip kit, Dual T'case mount/skid, and sliders.

Since then I've ordered numerous replacement parts including replacement springs - no fault of thiers, but crawlin' breaks stuff, and it's also been of good quality. I've also ordered Bilstein 5150 shocks, brake rotors, an FJ80 master cylinder, and many other parts I can't think of off the top of my head...

Mark

Lost Canadian

Expedition Leader
If you're building an expedition style rig I would focus on bumpers that are designed primarily for protection first. AllPro makes some nice stuff but their equipment is designed around providing benefit for hardcore wheeling, front-end protection is not a priority with their bumper design. I've always been a big fan of ARB because their first focus is on protecting the vehicle from animal strikes. (i'm biased however:elkgrin: ) The shrockworks bumper is also a nice choice for an Expe. style vehicle.
Winter038.jpg

Last edited:

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
All Pro bumper and BudBuilt compatibility.

Schattenjager said:
In my quest for a suspension and bumper setup for my 05 Tacoma (thanks Wil!) a buddy came across this outfit. I have never heard of them, but their gear looks well thought out. Opinions? My friend is thinking of trying one for his older Tacoma, so if he does, I can report back how it goes.

http://www.allprooffroad.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=117

I've never seen an allpro product in person, but everything I have read seems to good. The once exception would be for the 95-04 Tacoma Front Bumpers if you want to use a BudBuilt skid plate with them you will have to do some modifying to suit. Not a big problem, but worth knowing especially if you don't weld or have access to someone who does. Take a read through this thread where ZUK explains how he had to fix up his allpro to work with BudBuilt.
Cheers,
P

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
All Pro has always made good products...with a focus on rock crawling. It seems that the company refocused itself a few years back, took care of their customer service issues, and decided that supporting the tacoma platform would be a good idea (for a long time, they simply didn't want to talk to anyone that had anything except a "pre-tacoma" toyota). I think the new direction they took was a good thing...and their customers seem to agree.

Schattenjager

Expedition Leader
Wow!

Trevor - that is one beautiful truck! Oh my Gosh! Would I have to paint my ARB white to get the same Uber Tacoma look? LOL! Well done and thanks for posting the pic! I have always liked an ARB - good to see how much protection they offer as well as great looks.
:beer:

Last edited:

Nonprophet

Observer
One big drawback.....

The All Pro stuff looks nice, but one big drawback in my book is that once you mount one of their bumpers (and modify accordingly) you can't go back to a stock bumper. So if you ever plan on selling/upgrading your rig, you've got to start all over with another bumper as you can't put your stock bumper back on........

NP

Last edited:

Kevinj110

Observer
I have used allpro for many things for my old 84 toyota p/u and never had one bit of problem with them. I would though think long and hard about the pros nd cons of a tube bumper setup the may be strong but provide little protection from anything. they are also in most cases lighter than a ful plate bumper but it all depends on what ya want.

erin

Explorer
As their front bumper comes, you can remount the OEM bumper if you do not use the top trim piece to close in the top deck. I didn't go this route, instead using a piece of 18 ga. sheetmetal that I cut to fit, which I think was much easier. There are a couple of ways to reuse the stock turn signals, I believe their version doesn't hurt them, and they could be reused w/ the stock bumper. I, on the other hand, actually cut the housing around the signal, to create a somewhat factory looking mount, and bolted that the the top plate that I made with the Toyota hardware.
As for the budbilt skid plate, Allpro now sells a very nice, and HD skid plate set, that covers all the way to the rear of the tranny, plus they offer the transfer skid also. On thing to be aware of, if you have a diff drop installed, it will require some spacing to accomadate the drop to fit the skid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior