Anyone with a FWC Raven on F150 regular (6.5) bed?

Mackieimages

I apologize in advance if this has already been discussed at all! I couldn't find any threads but I'll keep searching.

I have a 2016 F150 regular (6.5 ft bed) and have been looking for a used Hawk (shell or lightly optioned) for a while now. Preferably something 2010 or newer in good/great condition. Obviously not alone in this hunt and the good ones go fast. Thinking about expanding my search to include the Raven but wondering if anyone here has one on a 6.5 bed? I know I know ... why not just wait for something that maximizes space for this truck. I'm trying to be patient :) The Raven is basically a Hawk minus 10" of length (as far as I can tell) so I can't imagine fit would be a problem ... thinking it would actually shift the weight that much further forward of the rear axle.

I previously, briefly, owned a 4-season hard-sided Wolf Creek on a F350. Plenty of space but I found the truck/camper combo just too big for my needs and terrible on gas, to the point I wouldn't actually use it. I also realized that my dreams of the entire family spending winter weekends at the ski area were just that ... dreams. Too much gear, too little space. I'll still take the (new) camper skiing but only if I'm going solo or with one of the kids. Otherwise this will be for 3+ seasons here in the PNW for trips to the coast surfing and mtb trips in the mountains. I know inside space on all these FWC campers is somewhat limited, but I suppose the real question is ... is 10" going to make that much of a difference??? Thanks in advance!!

Mackieimages

In case anyone is interested ... a Raven will not fit on a F150ft 6.5. bed :) Thanks Mike from FWC for getting back to me!

givemethewillys

Jonathan Chouinard
Why not? Too low, too narrow? I know you said it came from the horses mouth, but I've seen a lot of people make a spacer to fit under older campers with outdated geometries so it will fit over the rails.

tacollie

Glamper
Why not? Too low, too narrow? I know you said it came from the horses mouth, but I've seen a lot of people make a spacer to fit under older campers with outdated geometries so it will fit over the rails.
A Raven is designed for a short bed. If you put it in a long bed it won't slide past the wheel wells. It will leave a big gap between the cab and the camper. If you build a platform to clear the wheel wells it'll sit extremely high.

Building a platform for older models is different. Older campers are not as tall because older bedsides were lower.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz