Anyone with experience with the InTech Flyer Pursue?

mbadgett

Hello! My wife and I are in the market for a light duty off-road trailer. We are researching many models and stumbled across the Pursue. Looks like it has a lot of potential to customize. Anyone have one of these they can chime in on. Maybe quality issues, praises or mods! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bshinn

I debated heavily between the Persue and the Crux 1610. In the end the Crux won me over, but has been a nightmare. If you haven't seen the Persue person, go look. It's the best constructed "mass produced" camper I've seen to this point. The price is right and should be easily customizable to your point.

dreadlocks

Ive got an Intech, not a pursue.. I love it, great trailer thats gone two seasons now w/out any grief.. very well built, quality over quantity and affordable.. check link in my sig for my outfitting thread.

mbadgett

Ive got an Intech, not a pursue.. I love it, great trailer thats gone two seasons now w/out any grief.. very well built, quality over quantity and affordable.. check link in my sig for my outfitting thread.

Thanks for the comment. I checked out your rig and was very impressed! I’m a two-way radio engineer by profession, so seeing radios in a camper was pretty cool!

Anyways, can you or anyone else comment on the fenders. I know it’s a small detail, but they look flimsy. Has anyone replaced them with usable ones. Like with a flat top fender that can be functional? I’m also curious able the annex tent. Is it durable and quality or just a light add on??

dreadlocks

they are standard fenders, not really heavy duty.. I wouldn't sit or stand on em.. eventually I'd like to upgrade mine to something more heavy duty but its not really a priority because nobody could sit or stand on em anyhow w/my sides out.

FWIW it took a road cone at 70mph rather well, was able to bend it back so nobody can tell unless they look real close, and I dont have fender guards at all like the Pursue.. if I had those, I probably wouldn't even be toying with something more HD.. but I know that in 100k miles those things are gonna be the roughest looking part of the trailer because I doubt thats their last impact with something.. Ive just started getting confident enough to start taking it through more technical terrain.

jus passin thru

Adventurer
The only real issue I had with mine was the ac came loose on t he Camino Del Diablo after about 50 miles, I spent a lot of time standing on the fenders while using ratchet straps to hold it down.. Other wise the trailer did well. For those that don’t live in AZ the Camino is about 125 miles is sand,washboard and rock which starts at Yuma and follows the Mexican border to Ajo Az very remote except there is a constant stream of Border Patrol trucks and Helicopters 24 hr. a day. People that talk about a open border have never near it the n AZ. M

dreadlocks

the fenders on every other model look better than what I got on my tandem axle.. I think if they had continued production of my model the'd of done something about the fenders by now.. at least guards so the'll take road cones w/out damage.

Did anything fail on the air conditioner mounting that caused it to come loose? or did you just put it back in and bolt it down when you had the tools? Thats a pretty harsh road but after originally hearing your story ive been checking on my air con when I'm on the roof and so far its not budged at all, and ive done tons of washboard and ruts on Colorado's Forest Service roads.

jus passin thru

Adventurer
Two of the bolts broke and the other two striped out the nutsurts on the rails of the ac unit. Fixing it involved four new bolts and two new mounting brackets. Took unit off the roof and partial disassembly of lower part of ac unit. The rails are not common replacement parts. My first tip off of trouble was on the radio “ your AC is falling off””. The inside cover was laying on the bed and the wire was still attached, the primiter rack is what kept it from falling on the ground. I crisscrossed straps to keep it in place for the remainder on the trip. Coleman tech , who helped me get the rails, thought this was a bad application and suggested threat lock when I reassembled. Maybe they were lose to start but for anything than a couple of miles I put straps across. The trailer has been thru some tuff stuff for short distances and held up well but the heavy ac on top held by 1/4 X 6” bolts might not be a good choice. This wasn’t the first time it was on wash board it never occurred to me to check these bolts. M

dreadlocks

Ah so more of a coleman failure than a intech failure, I think now they are using another brand for the aircon wonder if its any more or less robust on the mounting brackets.

I think I'll go pop the cover off and put some loctite on the bolts before next season, however my trailer kinda glides down even washboard roads at speed and I can leave stuff on counter and it not even budge after some bumpy and washboard dirt roads.. I credit it all to the tandem torsion axle, they just crawl over it and being independent they handle washboards great.

jus passin thru

Adventurer
My problem was before the dropped the tires to 25 lbs where I just leave them. I don’t know why I put the ac back on, I’ll never use it. Another roof vent would be more useful. The ac was mounted the way they are mounted on all trailers which isn’t really up to you he job on a trailer that goes bouncing down the road. Intec designed and mounted the ac on the trailer. Whose fault ? The trailers all use Dexter axels but starting with specificing 45 lbs guarantees a lot of bounce. I’ve pulled it from SoAZ to OR twice and the tires look good at 25 lbs. these are light truck tires on a trailer that doesn’t weigh much. M

dreadlocks

i believe its just a standard sized cut out for that stuff, iirc originally it came with just a vent and you could upgrade it to an airconditioner, but I wonder how many dealers optioned a base model w/out.. I actually have an unused 12v pre-wired to my air conditioner from the circuit box, would be really easy to put a power vent there... I been thinking of tapping into it for lighting/charging.

I do use my aircon, but usually parked outside a family members house for a reunion or something like that.. its nice to have, but rarely needed.

mbadgett

We own a 2020 Pursue and have really enjoyed it. Its equipped with a Dometic 11000 BTU AC and heat strip, not the smaller Coleman on older models. I was told by the factory rep that Intech upgraded to the Dometic in 2019, there were issues with the Coleman units.
We are very pleased with the overall build quality. It’s lightweight, stores easily in our garage. And tows easily. We opted for a fully optioned model including the higher lift Dexter 45 degree down axle for more approach and departure angle and cushier suspension. For the money I really don’t think you can find a better built all aluminum small easily maneuvered camper. There was a 3-4 month build wait, but you may find one on a dealer lot if you don’t care about custom order. Intech really stands behind their campers regarding any issues or warranty concerns. FB has an Intechrv owners page and a for-sale page as well.
Hope this helps.

Pursuing in the Blue Ridge Mountaims...home.
View attachment 551978

No outside storage or fees. The elements are brutal on campers.
View attachment 551983

Great review! Thanks so much! I’ve got it narrowed down to either this camper or the escapade backcountry. I’m leaning this way for a few reasons but I like both. I also like to see that it fits in one of those small garages. I have one and I’ve been measuring. I may create a thread on the escapade and see what folks have to say!

Rlemond

I debated heavily between the Persue and the Crux 1610. In the end the Crux won me over, but has been a nightmare. If you haven't seen the Persue person, go look. It's the best constructed "mass produced" camper I've seen to this point. The price is right and should be easily customizable to your point.
What would be the worst things about the Crux in your opinion? Seems like it would be more capable Offroad. I’m considering one, also like Intech. Thanks.

bshinn

What would be the worst things about the Crux in your opinion? Seems like it would be more capable Offroad. I’m considering one, also like Intech. Thanks.
Hands down customer service after the sale! The trailer itself is good quality and I'm confident it will take a beating off road. The quality control on mine was dismal, I did buy a demo unit so that needs to be taken into consideration. It was missing quite a few items and a few things didn't work properly. I contacted Lori Francis (Owner) and was told everything would be taken care of, to this date nothing has been to my satisfaction.

You might want to spend some time on the Crux Owners Facebook group before you make your decision. Plenty of people seem to be quite satisfied with their purchase, but I'm not a lone wolf in the wilderness by any means.

I won't tell you not to buy one, but if you do get the delivery checklist before hand, (it's on the FB page) and confirm EVERYTHING is to your satisfaction before you sign any documents much less leave the dealership. Service after the sale is non-existent in my experience. Having said that, we love the thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94