Anything changing with James Baroud?

the.vault

Is anything changing with James Baroud? All the Hardshell tents on their US website seem to be listed as discontinued and on onsale?

Maybe this has been answered already, I didn’t come across anything.

jpachard

Adventurer
Interesting you say that as I asked ok4wd if I could order a 2m awning with the tunnel and they said no they are sold out and aren’t getting any more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttengineer

Adventurer
I had heard rumors that they were working on a 270 awning but haven’t seen anything since.

JB seems to beat to the rhythm of their own drum though and doesn’t seem to care how the market leans.

If anyone can read Portuguese, see if anything has been posted on their site.

ttengineer

Adventurer
Wow that’s a lot of color options. I wonder how much time that will add to an order since they will have to be done in Portugal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is anything changing with James Baroud? All the Hardshell tents on their US website seem to be listed as discontinued and on onsale?

Maybe this has been answered already, I didn’t come across anything.
There has been a change in distributors in the US and the previous distributor is refusing to provide access to the USA website and has elected to cause confusion by telling customers products have been discontinued. It is unfortunate. However please be sure James Baroud is alive and well and the dealer network is only growing!

Interesting you say that as I asked ok4wd if I could order a 2m awning with the tunnel and they said no they are sold out and aren’t getting any more.
That is technically correct, they will not be getting any more product. There is however plenty of product in the USA and more arriving each month.

I had heard rumors that they were working on a 270 awning but haven’t seen anything since.
JB seems to beat to the rhythm of their own drum though and doesn’t seem to care how the market leans.
If anyone can read Portuguese, see if anything has been posted on their site.
Not just a rumor! We just announced the new Falcon 270 awning a week ago!
https://adventure-ready.com/store/james-baroud-falcon-270-awning/

Yes, James Baroud has a Spring Color Sale to launch their new custom tent color program. Choose any RAL color code for your tent shell. Check out https://www.rhinoadventuregear.com/collections/james-baroud or https://adventure-ready.com/product-category/rooftop-tents/james-baroud-rooftop-tents/ for details. More new stuff coming too from them soon.
Thank you, that is all correct!

Wow that’s a lot of color options. I wonder how much time that will add to an order since they will have to be done in Portugal.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Some colors will be stocked at US dealers but you are right, as there are many options most will be special order. We are telling customers to expect up to 60 days depending on order cycle timing.

Nathansharkey80

There has been a change in distributors in the US and the previous distributor is refusing to provide access to the USA website and has elected to cause confusion by telling customers products have been discontinued. It is unfortunate. However please be sure James Baroud is alive and well and the dealer network is only growing!

That is technically correct, they will not be getting any more product. There is however plenty of product in the USA and more arriving each month.

Not just a rumor! We just announced the new Falcon 270 awning a week ago!
https://adventure-ready.com/store/james-baroud-falcon-270-awning/

Thank you, that is all correct!

Some colors will be stocked at US dealers but you are right, as there are many options most will be special order. We are telling customers to expect up to 60 days depending on order cycle timing.

Pretty excited to see this 270 degree awning. Is there any videos of it? How does it mount to their tents? Or does it mount to the roof rack?

Pretty excited to see this 270 degree awning. Is there any videos of it? How does it mount to their tents? Or does it mount to the roof rack?

We actually haven’t gotten one yet in the US but the two initial prototypes are due by end of the week. We will have a lot more content once they arrive.
It mounts to the rack next to the tent.

I quite like the look of that awning. Any pics of the bag?
Next week ?

@Adventure Ready
Will tunnel/awning (270 Falcon) work with older JB tents or is it something specific to only current tents?

Any other changes to expect besides more color options?

Yes they are reverse compatible with older tents. ?
No other changes to the tents, just new color options.

I hope that these awnings will work with Autohome tents.

Not sure if this is serious or not?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles