Apertura Expeditions Build- 2010 Toyota 4runner Trail

chmura

Adventurer
I just heard about Hefty Fab the other day for the first time. I will be contacting them to see if they'll build another one! How is yours holding up?

Sweet ride!

Can you tell me more about your GOBI rack? Looks like you originally had their stealth rack and than you purchased a new modified one?

Can you tell me what modifications were made to the newer rack? I'm thinking about going GOBI and eventually purchasing a autohome rtt also. Thanks!

I just heard about Hefty Fab the other day for the first time. I will be contacting them to see if they'll build another one! How is yours holding up?

It's holding up pretty well. It has certainly been put through its paces and with that in consideration there are a few tweaks to be made. The biggest being a better alignment and fit as it tends to lean back and to one side. When off camber the bumper's flex comes into contact with the truck though not enough to cause significant damage. The other issue is it was powder-coated WAY to thick. As a result it chips off wherever contact is made; rocks, gravel etc.... All in all is was a first time for a 5th gen 4runner and they did a good job. Hefty Fabs are a true hard working American-owned family business example that have some very credible talent. I would recommend them.

Sweet ride!

Can you tell me more about your GOBI rack? Looks like you originally had their stealth rack and than you purchased a new modified one?

Can you tell me what modifications were made to the newer rack? I'm thinking about going GOBI and eventually purchasing a autohome rtt also. Thanks!

Yes you're correct I did have the Gobi stealth rack prior to the one I have now. Paul (owner of GOBI) is a good buddy of mine and he hooked me up with my current rack. I called him telling him my plans to modify my current Gobi stealth rack and he told me to forget about it, sell it and he'll make me one. He did and its been great. I don't believe he has made another one? I'm sure if you where looking to have one made he would accommodate it. Its basically a stealth rack just without the top section and more cross-load bars underneath. I asked him to weld some hooks on the front for the LED's and some steel plates for the side lights.

NetDep

Adventurer
You have MAD camera skills!!! Sub'd to see the amazing ways you use your rig as your model!! So much inspiration - thank you for sharing!!

Your welcome! Its fun to share what I love to do!

The ARB.... I have grown to love it and the only reason I didn't at first was everybody was saying how dam ugly the thing was. So that was an added to incentive to put one on! :) Being different is always good!

Its been a great bumper and held up to one of ARB's true legacies. The skid plates are a bit of a pain and require a bit of maintenance. The fog light kit is pretty average.

It is also all down to the end user at the end of the day. I love the way it sticks out, great for a recovery platform and I can see it with good judgement from the drivers position. Which works wonder's in tight trails.

Thank's NetDep!! I just checked out your flickr page and you too have some great skills. Love the panning shot of the Vegas blonde and to add a very nice jeep you have there!

Thank you for subscribing.... more different and fun pictures to come!

Factoryride

Observer
Ollie,

It's good to see ya over here on ExPo, and to finally have a build back up. We still gotta get together and ride sometime. I'm thinking about making a trip up to Gulches sometime before too long.

Ollie,

It's good to see ya over here on ExPo, and to finally have a build back up. We still gotta get together and ride sometime. I'm thinking about making a trip up to Gulches sometime before too long.

Hi Spencer, yeah.... its WELL OVERDUE! Definitely be down for doing Gulches if you do go. Would have to be on a weekend, let me know. How's school going, ready to drop in a D4-D for me!? :bike_rider:

Factoryride

Observer
Hi Spencer, yeah.... its WELL OVERDUE! Definitely be down for doing Gulches if you do go. Would have to be on a weekend, let me know. How's school going, ready to drop in a D4-D for me!? :bike_rider:

Yeah man I'd be down for a weekend. I've been wanting to get to Gulches for a while, and a few guys from T4R met up there back in February, but wasn't able to make the trip. School's pretty good right now. Classes are getting wrapped up and will be finishing up in 2-3 weeks. Then summer is going to consist of work, wheeling, camping, and fishing. I don't think I'm quite up to the task of the D4-D just yet, but I'd definitely be there to give a hand whenever you want to put one in!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne