Aptera - 230 mpg

kcowyo

ExPo Original
home4.jpg

Aptera Typ-1 <---link

"Five years ago, Aptera's founder Steve Fambro endeavored to design and build a passenger vehicle that was safe, comfortable, and more fuel-efficient than anything ever produced. This aspiration, combined with his background in engineering, led him to an intensive study of aerodynamics, and composite aircraft construction. He hypothesized that a low-drag, aerodynamic body shape could be achieved without sacrificing comfort, drivability or safety.

What emerged, after much designing, conceptualizing, and constructing, was a prototype two-seat, three-wheeled vehicle. This first operating prototype achieved a stunning 230 miles per gallon, Building on this success, Steve expanded his Aptera team and created the Aptera Typ-1, which has been re-designed, re-engineered, and refined into a production ready vehicle. We are excited to announce that the Aptera Typ-1 is now available for reservations."

Moody

Needs to get out more
I just ordered 2.

Only kidding, but for 90% of my driving, that would be great.
Interesting to see if they take hold.

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
Keep in mind that the 230 MPG is an estimate for the hybrid, which they are not building first. As yet I don't know of any real world numbers for any of the variations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior