ARB 50qt or Dometic 50qt?

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
I have had a Dometic CF-35 for the past few years, and my friend is on his 3rd (sold all the other 2 with trailers). They are a great unit, but the 35 is pretty tight. Good for short trips or a couple of nights. Power consumption is superb and the units are quiet and work well.

ARB is also a great choice as noted above by others. Really most fridges on the market are good, even the Edgestar/Wynter are really nice and work very well!

67cj5

Man On a Mission
Nice video although I was unable to locate any information regarding the power analysis reports. Temperatures are great but I am also curious regarding power consumption. Did I miss this information?
According to a Video on YT testing these fridges used.

the ARB 60L/63Q averaged 0.638 Amps per hour.

The Dometic/Waeco CFX50L averaged 0.92 Amps per hour,

The Engel 40L Legacy Averaged 0.937 Amps per hour,

The ridge ryder 63L averaged 1.636 Amps per hour,

and the Fridgemate 95L averaged 2.566 Amps per hour.

The Dometic/Waeco CFX50L used almost 50% more power than the Larger ARB 60L/63Qt, As for the ARB 47L/50Qt it uses anything from 0.59 to 0.639 when set to 3*c on 12v and depending on how it is loaded it can and will use even less Amperage. and on 240v it will use an average of 10.04 watts per hour, when filled less than a 1/3 full.

Fridges are a hot topic where people defend them to the death, But it all boils down to do you want the fridge you would rather own or the fridge you would rather pay for, Like it or not a fridge is the most important part of the vehicle, People are willing to spend a fortune on premium "A" list Tyres and top of the line Winches yet want to cut corners when it comes to Fridges and Compressors, Point is your "A" list Tyres are not worth a Bean if your cheap compressor throws in the Towel and your not worth a light if you get food poisoning or have to cut your trip short because your Fridge hangs up it's Hat.

Last edited:

Dometic

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
For everyone that said us; Why did you choose us? What would you like to see change? What do you like most about yours? We're always looking for ways to improve love hearing your opinions. Also, for anyone that is leaning toward getting a Dometic and has any questions, let us know! We're more than happy to help and get you setup with one!

67cj5

Man On a Mission
For everyone that said us; Why did you choose us? What would you like to see change? What do you like most about yours? We're always looking for ways to improve love hearing your opinions. Also, for anyone that is leaning toward getting a Dometic and has any questions, let us know! We're more than happy to help and get you setup with one!

After I bought my ARB I then bought one of if not the most impressive Item that I have seen in a long time which is also made by Dometic, And I love it, If I can get away with using it to any other product I will,

I have Tested the ARB at all temperatures but I wish I could get hold of A Dometic CFX50 CFX65/75 so I could do some proper testing, because I know that there is just not enough info out there about these products. Not being a Celebrity I have to buy the things I test and at the end of the month I will be Testing/Buying the ARB 78L/80Qt, But I would like to test the CFX50/CFX75 because I am sure there is more to these products than meets the eye.

Last edited:

prerunner221

Adventurer
I picked the Dometic for several reasons, price being a big one. I also like how the top opens, and the fold away handles. I have had it for a while now and it serves me well year round in Florida. The only complaint I have isn't actually with the fridge, but with the fridge blanket. I bought one from you guys at Expo East last year and it opens from the center instead of from the front (pour explanation but I'm sure you catch my meaning.) It would be really nice if the fridge blanket opened like the fridge. As it is, I bought it and used it for a bit during that trip, but I don't keep it on the fridge like I intended.

Rock Toy

Anyone know where I can pick up a set of handles for a Dometic CF50? I just bought one secondhand and it came without the handles. Thanks!!!

Rock Toy

So I just figured out where to get the handles and am considering getting some spring loaded CFW handles instead. Can someone that has a CFX measure the spacing on the handle mounts so I can see if they will work on the CF model? Pretty sure that they are all the same but would like to be sure. Thanks!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94