ARB Adventure Light

shawkins

Adventurer
I am considering purchasing one of these lights, since I feel that it would come in very handy in my rig.

My question is: How durable is it? Can it withstand being dropped from say hood height? How often do the bulbs burn out?

If its not very durable, I wll find something better to spend my $45.95 (plus shippng) on. http://www.pangaea-expeditions.com/ARBaccessories/

Thnaks!

datrupr

Expedition Leader
I believe Scott has a couple mounted on his truck, so should be able to give you a good summary of the lights, however, I think they would be quite durable.

S

Scenic WonderRunner

I've been looking for a nice bright interior light that I can mount to the ceiling (gray would be my matching color) at the back of my 4Runner. So when I'm cooking and doing things on the tailgate, I can see what I'm doing. For now I've been using a bulky 12V plug in light that gets in the way and falls and bumps around.

My truck does have a rear deck light on the drivers side.....but you have to have your parking/headlights on for it to work.....and it's also behind my cooler and of no use.

If anyone knows where to send me.....give me a shout.

....sorry.....not trying to hijack this thread.....just thought a perfect spot to make mention while you are looking for a light too.

gjackson

FRGS
Had 2 on my truck for our Africa trip. They are *very* bright!! And quite durable. In 9 months of use the only problems we had was them coming on when it was cold. On cold evenings, the ignitor just couldn't get the light to come on. I would have to switch on and off repeatedly before they came on. Couple of times I gave up. I think ARB might have corrected that problem now, but I'm not sure. (Nathan?)

Otherwise, an excellent thing to have. They really put out the light, and the long cord makes it pretty easy to get one where you want/need it, so long as you have a free plug in. They draw very little power, so last a long time in camp.

Be aware that I found them perfect for working/cooking, but too bright for just relaxing by the fire. For that I got a small oil lamp. Gives a more comfortable light.

Two was overkill. One would have been fine. I could only find one pic on a quick search and it looks a lot like the pic on the Pangaea site! Anyway, that's my friend Witt working on a fuel line in Botswana using the ARB light.

cheers

Attachments

• ARB_adv_light.jpg
    ARB_adv_light.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 62

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
Last edited:
S

Scenic WonderRunner

Thanks a lot for the tip Brian!

I found this L.E.D. light......too bad it's not gray!

At THIS site..............

25335_opt_106740.jpg

I would like to go with L.E.D. if I can find the right one because they are very bright and use very little power.

An ideal light would be one that I could tilt toward the tailgate when needing more light outside.

I have a limited area to mount because of my fiberglass top. I do have a plastic molded area inside which houses my back wiper mech. that I thought I might be able to mount up to.

I will check out your links you added............Thanks Again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles