ARB CKMA12 Install in 2004 Tacoma

climber-420

Adventurer
I got tired of my Superflow air compressor, and having to open the hood, hook up the alligator clamps to the battery and wait for what seems like an eternity to fill my tires back up. Since I just got my lift and new 33's, I needed something that would work well, and quickly. I finally made the investment the other day and bought an ARB CKMA12 compressor and installed it today. Holy ********, what a difference! I knew that I wanted to mount a quick disconnect chuck in the front of my ARB Bumper (for convenience sake), instead of having the hood open and running the air hose over a very warm engine(think melting rubber). Install went smoothly. I had a hard time finding anybody who had done an install on a 2004 Tacoma, so I just made it up as I went. A buddy of mine had some leftover 3/8" pneumatic line, and some really sweet pneumatic "push in" fitting's, which replaced the ARB quick disconnect that comes with the air hose kit (sold separately from the compressor). I used a 90 degree elbow at first off the T, but when everything was hooked up, it leaked. So then I switched it out to an all metal one that was straight out from the T, and voila, no leaks. No leaks anywhere actually, which is great. I mounted the compressor behind the air filter, and had enough room to work everything else in there. The harness is kind of a pain in the ass if you aren't running lockers, because there are additional wires to deal with. I just used some 3/4" heat shrink tubing on them and got them out of the way, in case I do decide to run a locker in the front one day. I used a couple washers (the bigger one on bottom holds down the dust cap retainer, its rubber and when tightened down on the quick disconnect chuck, expands quite a bit). I am very pleased with the end result. IMG_6575.jpgIMG_6576.jpgIMG_6577.jpgIMG_6578.jpgIMG_6575.jpgIMG_6576.jpgIMG_6577.jpgIMG_6578.jpg

WeppsRunner

I like what you did there. It’s something I’m considering with my compressor on my 4Runner. I just need to find a place to mount the remote connection around the OE bumper

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94