Arb elements wont turn on for.more than a few seconds

liveitrideit

No lights.just shows temp then fan turns on and it shuts off. Back story i let it runn continusly for a month or two , i have a solar panel on the hood. In haind sight a bad idea now that i need it. Any idea what i can check.

NatersXJ6

Explorer
Running continuously should not matter, my gen II ARB has been running for almost 7 years with only power offs to work in the Jeep or if it kills the battery.

Check:

Your battery voltage
Is your cord tight?
Does it work on AC?
What size and length wiring from battery to fridge?
Continuity check the wiring for shorts?
Corrosion on the fuse holder?

Answer all that and you will get more ideas from this community for sure.

WOODY2

Adventurer
No lights.just shows temp then fan turns on and it shuts off. Back story i let it runn continusly for a month or two , i have a solar panel on the hood. In haind sight a bad idea now that i need it. Any idea what i can check.
Call ARB customer service, they can walk you thru some items.

TwinStick

Explorer
My money say battery. It is either not being charged properly by just solar panels or It drained it so far that it is in a constant state of discharge or both.

Next I would check all the wiring. Should be 10 ga or thicker, high strand copper. I would think the solar panels wiring should be the same.

If none of the above applies, call ARB or email them. They are good about helping people sort out their fridge/freezer issues.

Keep us posted please.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94