ARB fridge Freezing all the time.

Borrego60

Rendezvous Conspiracy
Just noticed that my ARB37qt fridge thinks it is a freezer only. I am testing it now before I turn it in for warranty work. I have it set now at 40 degrees and a digital meter I have inside is saying -12 thats right -12 degrees. It is keeping ice cream solid as a brick. I have it plugged into 110v house power at the moment. Also the remote sensor is 3ft away and is not receiving signals from the fridge at this time. Not sure what is going on with it. It was working killer last time I use it. Any ideas that come to mind??? Also the display is not reading right, it is now -13.6. Works great as a freezer but bad for stuff you want to keep cold and not frozen. Seems like the compressor is not cycling off and on, now -15. Just staying on and not turning off. I"ll let it run till about 9PM tonight and see what it does.

Attachments

• DSC03805.JPG
    DSC03805.JPG
    156 KB · Views: 39
  • DSC03803.JPG
    DSC03803.JPG
    158.2 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

nwoods

Expedition Leader
This happened to me in my 50qt. I shipped it back to ARB, and they had it for a couple weeks, couldn't easily fix it, so shipped me a new one. Pretty awesome service.

Borrego60

Rendezvous Conspiracy
Your in SoCal did you ship it to ARB or to the dealer you bought it from? It got down to -17 at 9PM befoer I turned it off. I have an Email into Low Range Off road so I hope to hear something from them today. It is only 8 months old and hardly used at all.

Kcdude

Adventurer
ARB tried to troubleshoot mine without success. They confirmed my purchase via TRDparts4U, then shipped me a new one with a free return label. Unpacked the new one and sent the defective unit back in the same box. Awesome customer service.

Borrego60

Rendezvous Conspiracy
I did make contact with ARB Tec support. They seem to think it is a sensor or some glitch on the board, either way I am to ship it on my dime to them in Wa. also I guess they have had a few problems with the remote sensor too. ARB said they would send me a new one when the fridge is either repaired or replaced. I am thinking repaired. Either way the ball is rolling.

Borrego60

Rendezvous Conspiracy
UPDATE ARB USA sent me a NIB 47L fridge,transit bag and remote sensor,Wow what customer service. I was just looking to get it fixed that's all but a new size larger NIB 47L for the old 37L awesome stuff right there!!! Thank you ARB USA you guys ROCK the house!!!!

Attachments

• DSC03891.JPG
    DSC03891.JPG
    159.2 KB · Views: 15

spikemd

Explorer
Wow. Great service. I am a big fan of ARB and my 50qt has been running constantly for over 6 years now. Got one of the first ones of the new style but with a green readout. If it isn't in the rover bouncing down the trail, its my beer fridge on 110v in the garage. Single best upgrade for camping, especially if you go for more than a weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke