ARB front bumper is ready for US market

edsd90

Observer
The ARB team has finalized all of the components and details for our US spec bumper, so time I show off the final product. Marc, our US ARB Tech, recently completed the fitting of the production fit kit and stone tray.
The production fit kit brackets have been modified and improved from the prototypes, which now allows a very simple installation of the Shrockworks front skid plate and OEM recovery point.
The first photo below shows the completed product mounted and installed with the Shrockworks front skid plate and OEM recovery point.
The second photo shows a comparison of the prototype and production brackets. The production bracket is black, and on the left. The biggest difference is the mounting point under the frame horn. It has been widened so the same production component can be fitted to both sides, which had the secondary benefit of making that space wider which allowed for easier fitment of the skid plate and recovery point.
The third image shows the new stone tray that mounts to the lower edge of the bumper and extends rearward, covering the bottom of the winch and making for a very tidy looking installation.
Let me know if there are any other detail shots you'd like to see, and I should be able to help.

Attachments

• finished bumper.jpg
    finished bumper.jpg
    331.9 KB · Views: 1,241
  • bracket comparison.jpg
    bracket comparison.jpg
    484.5 KB · Views: 411
  • new stone tray.jpg
    new stone tray.jpg
    323.7 KB · Views: 445

ARBTECH

Observer
Hi Guys,
regarding Xterra. Prototype is inbound on this weeks airfreight. Test fitting scheduled for next Monday.

Marc

ARBTECH

Observer
Equator is getting it's own bumper in this case, quite a few subtle dimensional differences between the Equator and Frontier. We've already done one proto Equator bar and have a second proto on it's way with some minor changes.
Marc

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
you can get it in any color you want as long as you choose black. hahaha

Nice :D

Marc may hop in and correct me but my guess is they will ship powdercoated in their semi-gloss black commercial finish. The good thing is the finish is extremely ripe for a wet paint if you want to color match. Cost is $100-200'ish depending on paint choices and your individual body shops but I've had really good luck painting them in the past. Part of me wishes I would have paint matched the bumper on my Tacoma, I always loved the red on red Tacoma that ARB had :cool:

edsd90

Observer
To answer Haven's question about the Suzuki Equator, a front bumper is in the works. ARB did a test fit and found the Equator front end styling different enough that the existing bumper was not totally compatible. The change is subtle however, so it should not take long.
Here's a couple more photos to better show the stone tray and Shrockworks skid plate installed.

Attachments

• P1020415.jpg
    P1020415.jpg
    503.1 KB · Views: 759
  • P1020416.jpg
    P1020416.jpg
    462.7 KB · Views: 709

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles