Are there any good fully enclosed travel trailers?

AZ4Runner

Observer
I'm looking for a small but biggest travel trailer I can get to haul with my 03 v8 4runner. There are options with several manufacturers but all of them seem like they are poorly built. Are there any decent models out there? Would like to drag it down a forest rd without it falling apart. Family of three. Bunks, full bath and enclosed all take priority. A few that I have been looking at.
-kodiak cub 175bh / 198bh
-nobo 16.6
-passport 175bh
-winnie 2100bh
-jayco 184bh

Any others I should seek out. Guess there is a shortage of small trailers right now. Just lokking for something robust.

john61ct

Adventurer
Get a quality aluminum-framed cargo trailer with the dimensions you want

and fit it out yourself, or with help from local trades people / handyman types

is the way I'd go.

AZ4Runner

Observer

is the way I'd go.

That is a good idea. Issue is I need this thing quick. If I were doing it my way I would buy an old shuttle bus and convert that. Then tow my rig behind that. Still might do that but need a trailer to live in for the next few months. Just amazed at all the crap trailers being sold out there.

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
I'm looking for a small but biggest travel trailer I can get to haul with my 03 v8 4runner. There are options with several manufacturers but all of them seem like they are poorly built. Are there any decent models out there? Would like to drag it down a forest rd without it falling apart. Family of three. Bunks, full bath and enclosed all take priority. A few that I have been looking at.
-kodiak cub 175bh / 198bh
-nobo 16.6
-passport 175bh
-winnie 2100bh
-jayco 184bh

Any others I should seek out. Guess there is a shortage of small trailers right now. Just lokking for something robust.

I would definitely rate the Lance trailers above the Winne‘s, anything by FR or the Jayco’s.
Don’t know about the other brands you listed.

An added bonus with the Lance models...front windows! It can be nice and reassuring to be able to look out a window and see your tow vehicle from inside the trailer at night.

Last edited:

john61ct

Adventurer
Well fast is hard, the quality builders are likely to have long waitlists.

Maybe you get lucky and they have a dealer somewhere with an oddball ready made on the lot.

Otherwise need to scan CL for a unicorn.

I would not buy something "finished" in the U.S., they really are all crap under $40-60k IMO.

Better with a fixer-upper cargo trailer for all your gear in waterproof storage tubs, ammo cans etc and use a tent or two in the meantime.

But hey sometimes you get lucky. . .

AZ4Runner

Observer
I would definitely rate the Lance trailers above the Winne‘s or the Jayco’s.
Don’t know about the other brands you listed.

An added bonus with the Lance models...front windows! It can be nice and reassuring to be able to look out a window and see your tow vehicle from inside the trailer at night.

Agreed, have heard good things about those Lance trailers. The window up front is what attracts me to the nobo 16.6 even though it is just a dressed up trailer to look offroad.

jadmt

ignore button user
Lance is going to cost so much more than say a jayco. We had a jayco 195rb baja 2015 and lived full time in it for 6 months. It was well made and never had a single issue. My only gripes for full time was black water tank was pretty small and the mattress was completely shot after 6 months. Pretty sure the 184bh would be similar quality other than sleeping arrangements ie the bunks. My buddy bought a 154 bh baja the same year and he has had no issues. there is a no bo 16.4 on missoula mt craigslist that looks to be a good deal. The lance would be nice but $$$$

D

Deleted member 9101

is the way I'd go.

Those builds get real heavy, real quick.

verdesard0g

Search and Rescue first responder

is the way I'd go.

I looked at several enclosed utility trailers for my build but they are mostly junk. So I got a used flat bed trailer and went to work. Due to photo hosting site failure photos don't start till about the middle of the thread.

It is so much more rough road capable than any cargo trailer and has tiedowns for my motorcycle!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    329.2 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94