Are there any good fully enclosed travel trailers?

calicamper

Expedition Leader
There is a very similar one to the globe but slightly bigger. Can’t recall the name but it was recently bought revamped and is being built with engineered composites vs just chopper spray gun.

TGK

There is a very similar one to the globe but slightly bigger. Can’t recall the name but it was recently bought revamped and is being built with engineered composites vs just chopper spray gun.
Thanks, If the name comes back to you, I'd be interested in knowing.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Thanks, If the name comes back to you, I'd be interested in knowing.
Little Snoozy but they went belly up with deposits owed. But Caught a video somewhere that someone bought the molds and were building a modern Engineered composite version now just in the last few months.

schwaz80

I just rented a Jayco 212qb and drove it 2200 miles over 8 days. 2 adults, 2 kids, and 2 dogs. It held up well and I pulled it with my 08 GX.

ebrabaek

Adventurer
We just drove from Grand Junction CO to Lawton OK and picked up our Nano 194BHS, then turned around and went back home, making a trip out of it. We have had just about everything on either two or 6 wheels, so this is not our first rodeo. I agree with the posters that RV manufactures are shooting for volume, but rather than counting those OEM's out, I see it as an opportunity. We got the 194BHS for 18K and change all delivered, and that included the off grid package, whereas MSRP of that unit is just under 28K. Same unit sat in Denver where they wanted full MSRP. The unit is basically sound, but as mentioned there are several cosmetic flaws, like panels needing screws, not staples. Etc.... But in reality stuff that can get fixed by the owner. The construction of the panels have no wood in them on the 194 which many other OEMs dont feature. On many Fiberglass paneled coaches there is a small plywood membrane on each side of the skeleton. That is all good up until moisture gets in there. A big reason we chose this FR manufacture. You get a lot of trailer for your money right now, and I am not arguing any OEM quality over another, but merely sharing our reasons for picking the 194BHS as OP are looking at that unit. After 1400 miles, 5 mountain passes we are now back home, and had no issues other than cosmetics, but I was ready for that. As a side note, you'd be surprised of how norm this is. I have delivered a hand full aircraft from an OEM in Wichita KS in the 10mill range, and it blows my mind what they ALL try to deliver to the customer, regarding QA.
They would fix whatever you wanted but it was mind boggling what I saw what was presented on delivery day. Bottom line, my argument to the OP is to not be scared off any major brands, but look at it as an opportunity, but be ready to fix cosmetic flaws.
Cheers.

AZ4Runner

Observer
Just to recap this thread. Ended up buying 2021 apex nano 208bhs. Dry 4150 and 25ft long. So far 4runner pulling it well. I added a tranny cooler as the temps got kind of high on hills. WDH, sway control and P3 brake control keeps the trailer in check. Two weeks in from a Phx to Yakima drive (currently in SLC) and drive has been good but slow.

MDC USA

With a dry weight of 4150 by the time you fill the tanks and add a little food/gear for the trip you're a tad close to the 5000lb towing capacity of a 5th gen T4R. You may want to look at a GX460 with the V8 and 6500 towing limit.

Joronimo

Just to recap this thread. Ended up buying 2021 apex nano 208bhs. Dry 4150 and 25ft long. So far 4runner pulling it well. I added a tranny cooler as the temps got kind of high on hills. WDH, sway control and P3 brake control keeps the trailer in check. Two weeks in from a Phx to Yakima drive (currently in SLC) and drive has been good but slow.

How do you like the trailer so far? Is it holding up well? I am looking at the Apex Nano 16t.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94