Are there no moderators here?

Coachgeo

Explorer
I offered several times over the years to moderate a forum..... have now hmm... 15ish years under my belt as a moderator in other places...... they never once responded to my PM's.

Stoffregen,

I agree, lets see what happens on Monday when they get back in the office.

At least this site is still up, Bob Wells site CheepRVLiving's Forum has been down for two weeks!

DOS and Ransom attacks are a constant problem, Mr. Wells has been mumm on how his site has been down so long.

Safe Travels,

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
The 3 pages of spam crap has been up for almost 24 hours.....

Are you guys getting the spam on your personal page on the portal is it hitting forum postings or is it going to your personal email address?

I’m asking because for the past three days my personal email account (which I have used here) all of a sudden is getting absolutely blasted with spam!

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
I just took care of it - sorry for the delay. I added some more complexity in the registration process but I am afraid the next step is to approve each new registration individually.

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
I offered several times over the years to moderate a forum..... have now hmm... 15ish years under my belt as a moderator in other places...... they never once responded to my PM's.

Coachgeo,

I may take you up on this. I think we need new blood...let me go through the list of current moderators and see who is still even on here...that's on my todo list.

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Are you joking? It takes a minute to ban the posters. It is super simple. They must not have any moderators.

Well, if you work in I.T. you know things are never as simple as they should. Looks like I just found a bug with the new forum. The "Delete all conversation" for an user does not seem to work. I had to go and delete the threads one by one. I may have missed a few, I am still going through the site right now.

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
The 3 pages of spam crap has been up for almost 24 hours.....

Meh. Spammer ************** love to do this crap on Friday and Saturday nights.

So what if it takes a couple days for the admins/mods to sober up and deal with it. No biggie.

You want 24/7 1-800 support, feel free to send $20 a month to AOL or Earthlink. :D

Coachgeo,

I may take you up on this. I think we need new blood...let me go through the list of current moderators and see who is still even on here...that's on my todo list.

I think this is a good idea. Another site I frequent a lot, AR15.com, has mods who only watch over 1 section, say like the Land Cruiser section. It makes it easy to take care of crap like this. These mods have no other moderator status except for their little world. It seems to work really well.

Meh. Spammer ************** love to do this crap on Friday and Saturday nights.

So what if it takes a couple days for the admins/mods to sober up and deal with it. No biggie.

You want 24/7 1-800 support, feel free to send $20 a month to AOL or Earthlink. :D

I'd be more than willing to pony up a yearly fee to use this site.

Red90

Adventurer
Well, if you work in I.T. you know things are never as simple as they should. Looks like I just found a bug with the new forum. The "Delete all conversation" for an user does not seem to work. I had to go and delete the threads one by one. I may have missed a few, I am still going through the site right now.

Maybe time to change to a half decent forum software then. I'm a mod on a few forums. Ban users and delete their posts is a couple of clicks in every one I use.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Red90- Um, they just changed forum software a couple of weeks ago. And if you are, in fact, a moderator on other forums, you’d probably have a bit of patience and be, you know, “moderate”?

I have to say, overall I’m not a fan of the new format.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles