Arkto Campers G12 Leads the Pack for Offroad Hybrid Pop-ups especially if you want it to fit in an 8-foot Garage

EPO

Go time in two days...finally. Delays due to family commitments and weather. Can't believe how much rain we have had this spring. First blue sky I've see in a while today.

Installed the ARK XO corner steadies/stabilizers that also jack up for tire changes a few weeks ago. Arkto provides these now; ARK came out with the ones that can lift/jack right about the time mine was delivered so I asked for the non jackable version to be deleted as they couldn't get to Canada in time.

Set up and worked through the camper today. Looking good so far. Will provide a report when I get back in 1 1/2-2 weeks, maybe sooner if I have good internet connection.

Attachments

• IMG_8634.jpg
    IMG_8634.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 28

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

Go time in two days...finally. Delays due to family commitments and weather. Can't believe how much rain we have had this spring. First blue sky I've see in a while today.

Installed the ARK XO corner steadies/stabilizers that also jack up for tire changes a few weeks ago. Arkto provides these now; ARK came out with the ones that can lift/jack right about the time mine was delivered so I asked for the non jackable version to be deleted as they couldn't get to Canada in time.

Set up and worked through the camper today. Looking good so far. Will provide a report when I get back in 1 1/2-2 weeks, maybe sooner if I have good internet connection.
oh boy I am jealous as my van is getting major repairs. Rig looks awesome!

Have fun drive safe.

seinbelld

Hi all - first post. I've been lurking here the past few months and just picked up an Arkto G12 over the weekend in Colorado. Towed it back home to PA and taking it out for the first time on Thursday. We are a family of 5 and previously had 30/33 foot travel trailers so this is going to be an adjustment for all :). Very appreciative of this community and some of the Arkto advocates who unknowingly helped convince us to order one sight unseen.

Attachments

• Pic1.jpg
    Pic1.jpg
    695.9 KB · Views: 43
  • Pic2.jpg
    Pic2.jpg
    1,007.5 KB · Views: 44

Hi all - first post. I've been lurking here the past few months and just picked up an Arkto G12 over the weekend in Colorado. Towed it back home to PA and taking it out for the first time on Thursday. We are a family of 5 and previously had 30/33 foot travel trailers so this is going to be an adjustment for all :). Very appreciative of this community and some of the Arkto advocates who unknowingly helped convince us to order one sight unseen.
Sein...nice Arkto did you go wild on options? The Land Cruiser makes me jealous. I am going Lexus GX 460 which is kind of a mini Land Cruiser.

seinbelld

Sein...nice Arkto did you go wild on options? The Land Cruiser makes me jealous. I am going Lexus GX 460 which is kind of a mini Land Cruiser.
Not too crazy. Lithiums, the insulated canvas and upgraded toilet were the big things. The cruiser actually helped steer us toward the Arkto as we didn’t want to change tow vehicles. Have you seen the new GX??? The “Overtrail” model in Nori Green looks really cool.

Yes they look cool but I can't wait for them to release. I was disappointed the mpg is only a few mpg better then 2023. I think the cd player and old school v8 fit my trailer better. Glad you got thick canvas and Lithium

EPO

I'm on my way home from a week+ long shakedown and misc. trip. Very pleased with what I'm experiencing so far and will provide a more detailed report when the trip is completed.

seinbelld

I'm on my way home from a week+ long shakedown and misc. trip. Very pleased with what I'm experiencing so far and will provide a more detailed report when the trip is completed.
Looking forward to your thoughts! I should have some as well after this weekend.

seinbelld

Yes they look cool but I can't wait for them to release. I was disappointed the mpg is only a few mpg better then 2023. I think the cd player and old school v8 fit my trailer better. Glad you got thick canvas and Lithium
I hear you. I love the old tech on our cruisers.. both our cars are 200 series - an 09 and 16... Gas wise, we're doing our small part to keep oil & gas companies afloat :). I opted for normal tires on the 16 and am getting ~19 mpg on the highway (non-towing) and got ~11.2 mpg on the trip home from Colorado. I was hoping for double digits when towing so will call that a win.

Yes would really love to have an EV tow vehicle. The only option to my liking is the Rivian but just need a bit more range and worried a bit on reliability. Probably 5 years before I go EV. In the mean time not much else out there that gets better towing then out old school v8. They will likely last until there outlawed

K9LTW

Sent ya a PM. Depending on where you are, it’d be awesome to take a look at it.

Walked my wife through all the videos last night and compared it to the TetonX and a used Kimberley Karavan I was considering. The Arkto is at the top of the list right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles