Around Europe/ Asia in a Shorty

Cruisn

Adventurer
Cool new rig. I must of missed if you traded in the lil guy? Good catching up on your adventures!

I have just parked this rig in Italy and am on my to Armenia to see my true love. Lol I still have the shorty, this was just a car we bought for turkey. It’s gives us some grief so I doubt we will keep it. The Turks are hard on their equipment so I’m finding new problems every week it seems due to lack of care and maintenance.

Cruisn

Adventurer
Well, as those that follow my build thread know, I am back in Armenia with the blue elephant. with repairs complete we made a border run to renew the cars import papers for another year. The weather was okay temperature wise, but it did rain a lot still.

Someone checking the tent out to make sure its good to go:

Results from new intercooler, 27 degree intake on a 13 degree day. I can accept that.

Since my wife couldnt join for this short run around, the cat has discovered how unfair life is, and now wants to know why he doesnt have a seat warmer as well...

Posed up:

Camp setup:

After all that rain I needed a day outside of Yerevan to dry everything out.

Of course you need to keep your ride clean... But sadly the girls never came. this false advertising is killing me.

For now the car will go back in storage for a bit more while we make some plans for a proper longer trip.

Cruisn

Adventurer
We get some holes drilled in our rig today, then continue on to the famous blue city.

Cruisn

Adventurer
We spend the next few days hitting some top tourist towns! fantastic

Cruisn

Adventurer
Our final chapter for the right turns, we spends a few days in Casablanca sorting out Asarehs flights before I start heading back to Turkey.

Cruisn

Adventurer
And back to blogging, sadly this will only be a 2 blog trip, as I was lacking my lovely wife, Asareh, for the trip who is also the photographer most of the time.

Cruisn

Adventurer
Well, it had to be done, and with an all clear on the Turkish side for following the importation rules, I am finally able to bring the ol Pajero back home. With a due date of March 11th to be out of Armenia, I had a bit of a tight schedule getting from Cabinda, Angola. with 1 solid day in Antalya, I made sure Pina was healthy, and packed all my paperwork, we were straight back to the air port for 2 more flights. luckily not that long though.

Beers on arrival:

My morning view after arriving at my hotel at midnight.

Picking up the girl at storage. Sandra was great and put the rig on charge the night prior to ensure I was topped up right off the bat, which is win win as even the alternator was happy and didnt need a 1 hour highway drive to shock everything into the 13 volt range.

Righto, straight into it, lets get to Gerogia. its worth noting that today was international womens day, which meant mega lines at the border..

on route:

I spent 6 hours at the border trying to cross, with 1 lane breaking into 4 lanes through customs, then into an absolute ******** show of 20 lanes in the parking are before funneling into 3 lanes on the bridge. Let me tell you people push here, trying to cut in as much as possible, now its worth mentioning, they are all what seem to be 6 figure cars, nice lexus', Porsche, and everything in between, and as they push I push back, apparently my car is a little more menacing and I seem to win 98% of my battles. steel bar work wins!

The next day is chill with a stop at satans castle, actually spelt saytens for the Turkish version. I will say I did cross into Turkey with zero issues and the guys there are always friend and Pina always gets a good scratch.

Diggin the heated seats:

Time for a walk:

My night ended in Kas, had a chicken kebab and slept.

The next day, I wanted to see Noahs arcs landing site. I have been past here before but was on a tight time schedule, this time it was sadly snowing. one day... the road up was a nightmare at 10% grade and 50mm of fresh snow. nothing some awd mode and traction control off cant help with.

Little guy was not keen to stretch legs here:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz