• 038.JPG
    038.JPG
    631.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 086.JPG
    086.JPG
    662.6 KB · Views: 23

BorntoVenture

Adventurer
I used to but all of the public ATV locations in my area have closed, the closest place to ride is over 2 hours away from me now. We used to load everything up, ride to camp and setup, spend the day riding, then head to camp for the night. It was a lot of fun until land went away.

Boy, I could use that set up with the boat. I know of a "secret" lake that has a very rough 1 mile portage.

I have thought about going the ATV route myself. Do the dogs ride on there with you? We have considered a side by side, but a few people I talked to said they get pretty rotten mileage. One guy told me he was better of in the truck with the AC on.

Welcome to Expo.

jeeppurz

I used to but all of the public ATV locations in my area have closed, the closest place to ride is over 2 hours away from me now. We used to load everything up, ride to camp and setup, spend the day riding, then head to camp for the night. It was a lot of fun until land went away.

I'm from northern Ontario, so there are still lots of places to ride around here, but farther northwest from me they are starting to make certain roads off limits to the general public and only let outfitters in with their planes and rich clients. Hows that sound for a free country? It makes me a little nervous when considering a new atv, if I'll still be able to use it or not.

jeeppurz

Boy, I could use that set up with the boat. I know of a "secret" lake that has a very rough 1 mile portage.

I have thought about going the ATV route myself. Do the dogs ride on there with you? We have considered a side by side, but a few people I talked to said they get pretty rotten mileage. One guy told me he was better of in the truck with the AC on.

Welcome to Expo.

Both dogs ride on the back I trained them as puppies. Atv=fun. It's about a 40km ride from where I park the truck to my usual camping spot. Around here (Northern Ontario) all the old logging roads are so over grown that a truck is kinda of useless, mainly because every one is on atv's so if there's dead fall across the road the people only clear enough of it away to sneak a atv through.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior