Austin TX shop recommendations

DeltaFry

Observer
Hey Guys,

I bought a 2005 gen 3 monty at 97K Miles about 2 months ago. Had to do things which required a mechanics help and have tried using a couple of generic shops. I could make out that although they do the job but they aren't specific to the model etc.

Could you please guide me on a good Monty mechanic in the Austin area?

Thanks for all your help.

nbishop

Observer
I have taken mine to Rising Sun Auto and had an OK experience. Mine is Gen II, was idling rough. Took it in and they replaced the IAC for around $500, didn't solve the rough idle issue. Took it back in, caused a fuss, and they found a gasket missing somewhere around the throttle body (but not throttle body gasket). They replaced that and issue was fixed. So, I got a new IAC, which may or may not have been required.

Also, they didn't seem to have much experience with Mitsubishi.

normal_dave

waytoomuchwritinginposts.
I have not used this shop personally, but I found them highly recommended on some forums, when I was setting up a "fly and buy" not too long ago. (The deal never materialized)
http://www.eliteimportauto.com/

I wanted ASE-certified mechanics and a shop that wasn't a franchise/chain store. I reached out to them to do a pre-purchase inspection, and was pleased with the response. I also read through their site and facebook page, sometimes pictures tell a better story. They speak fluent BMW, Alfa, Audi, Land Rover, and Jaguar, and originally specialized in Japanese vehicles, so surely they can handle a Montero properly.

I imagine they could give much better service than any of the shops described in this post so far, hopefully you've not already tried them and been disappointed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne