Automatic cutoff for tire inflation

Mfitz

Here is my situation. I tow a travel trailer on extended trips, often disconnecting for a few days at a time, and then driving my F150 on forest service roads and dirt tracks, as well as on pavement. This means I spend a lot of time airing my tires up and down, and I carry a Viair compressor for these duties. I know ARB and others make devices for deflating tires to a specific pressure, but does anybody make one for inflating tires to a specific pressure? Something which would allow me to connect my compressor and walk away without fear of overinflation. Any advice would be appreciated!

Sure a simple pressure regulator will take of that just set it to the pressure you want your tire. Some have made setups that with a tee coming off the regulator, they can two tires at a time to the same pressure.

I am not for sure but your hose attachment is probably 1/4 inch NPT thread. A device this simple will do what you want with the addition of another hose. I know china freight but this is just a quick example. Although you will get good results with it. Just verify the pressure gage the first time you use it.
https://www.harborfreight.com/air-t...ssor-regulator-kit-with-dial-gauge-68223.html

S2DM

Adventurer
Verkstad is right. As you approach your set PSI, the filling will slow down incrementally as the delta between supply pressure and tire pressure diminishes. What you really want is a pop-off valve that allows full compressor pressure through the line until the internal pressure reaches your threshold. Its been on my list of things to research.

-S

Mfitz

Verkstad is right. As you approach your set PSI, the filling will slow down incrementally as the delta between supply pressure and tire pressure diminishes. What you really want is a pop-off valve that allows full compressor pressure through the line until the internal pressure reaches your threshold. Its been on my list of things to research.

-S
Yes, that's what I was thinking of. I haven't seen one and thought maybe I was missing something.

S2DM

Adventurer
I'm 99% sure its AC powered, meant for autoshop use. Not sure how rugged it would be over time as well, but definitely would be a nice option if it worked.

PV Hiker

Observer
Doesn't mention power requirements 12vdc 24vdc 120vac??? I do like the idea.

My local Costco has this type mounted to wall.

I have a regulator and fill two tires at the same time. What I see is that the pressure needs to be higher than your target to push air into the tire and the regulator I needed to fiddle with to find the right cut off. So now I just know what pressure to watch for then turn the ball valve off, wait a minute for both tires to equalize and disconnect and do the other two. Airing up two at a time takes longer and can easily get distracted. I'll have to try using the regulator again in the garage, as in a hurry you don't want to fiddle with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles