AZ Expo Fly Fishing Group

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
How about a weekend here at Lees Ferry. Spend a day fishing the walk-in area; I could help everyone hone their fly fishing skills and learn a bit about this beautiful section of water. Day 2 could be spent exploring the Pariah Plateau. If you have not seen this area, the Pariah-Vermillion Cliffs National Monument is one of the most spectacular back country areas in the US. I would be happy to host this trip if we can get a few people interested.

Great offer!
Add me to the list
Dates?

Flagster

Expedition Leader
There has been some discussion about possibly a first "meeting" at Lees Ferry this spring for a day of fishing and then possible a day or two exploring the area...
Was initially thinking of a more central location for the first group fishing session...Am shooting for March or early April...stay tuned...

Flagster

Expedition Leader
Maybe we can try to still get something going...
Between riding and working on my garden I haven't gotten out much since last fall but hopefully that will change soon.
There are some rim lakes/streams I would like to check out early this year before the "rim rush" turns on along with the PHX heat.

TexGX

Explorer
I am still interested. I did a little fly fishing this weekend that got me thinking about doing more.

Flagster

Expedition Leader
I'm planning Boulder Mountain Utah over memorial day weekend...Grand Staircase on the way...maybe hit Lees Ferry for an afternoon on the way back...
Hitting some lakes with my canoe and hopefully hike in to some smaller creeks...
Fast and simple...sleeping in my truck...focus on fish not gear...:) PM if anyone is interested...I would love some company

Flagster

Expedition Leader
Bump for a good idea.

Local TU chapter is not very responsive...

I'm an experienced beginner looking to improve my skills.

I have had a mixed bag with TU chapters all over the country...
We just got a new spinoff of the AZ chapter here in N. AZ but I haven't been able to meet up with them yet.

MAD Duo

Observer
Lower Lake Mary has been on fire. You should get out there Flagster. I caught 45-50 in about six hours of fishing.

Flagster

Expedition Leader
Lower Lake Mary has been on fire. You should get out there Flagster. I caught 45-50 in about six hours of fishing.

Ha...I figured...the last few weekends I ride by on my road bike and the lake is swarming with fisherman...
Fly, lure, or bait?

MAD Duo

Observer
Fly Fishing. #12 to #14 beaded headed prince nymph. Probably seen each other, while Im in the water and your riding by. Usually go Friday AM before it get too busy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles