Back in a Diesel and new build for us!!! Now the ideas and fun

Skinhyfish

Observer
We are excite to pick up our 2001 F250 7.3 crew cab with 6speed manual 104,000 miles on friday!! We have a FWC and looking to build another fun adventure rig. We sold our last 7.3 and was sad every day it was gone. Gas trucks are fun, but for a camper and trailer in mountains a diesel wins every time. I have an Idea of add ons and know these trucks fairly well. This will be my third one. Curious what you have done and would recommend for these trucks and our similar lifestyles. Truck is bone stock and been babied its whole life. Rare to find one this nice and not abused. Excited about the 6speed manual. Im going to add list below, but would love to see what you have like for suspension, motor , and accessories.
Zach and Beth

Love to hear your ideas!!

This wont be a serious trail rig, but want it to get some places and keep road manners.

Norweld tray with spare and side tool boxes for camper as a slide in not flatbed model

Suspension 2.5 OME lift about 4in
35in tires
Already have winch, curious a good bumper
rail sliders

Engine.....not a hot rod but power and longevity in mind

Dp-tuner with infinity display(loved all the diagnostics on it)
4in exhaust
Fuel return upgrade
oil pump upgrade.
Eventually stage 1 injectors
GT38R turbo
Southbend Clutch

Skinhyfish

Observer
XkYLcl2.jpg

1Ptie5A.jpg

Kingsize24

Very very nice! Love the stick, and the diesel. Everything about that truck seems like a perfect foundation for a great build. Good luck to you!

RPhil

Adventurer
Great platform that is becoming increasingly hard to find in decent condition. Keep it in good condition and it will hold its value quite well.

There are a lot of aftermarket bumper options. I am partial to the look of Buckstop, personally.

Good luck with the build!

Paddy

Adventurer
Dang around here that’s a 23$k truck at least. Nice find. I suggest a 150$ android stereo in the dash. They have good nav and apps like torque pro will help monitor all your vitals on a big touchscreen.

I was pleased with how my move DIY bumpers came out and cheap at 375$ delivered. Very strong.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Wow, what a rare find, you hit the truck lottery IMHO. congrats! Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Skinhyfish

Observer
Thanks guys, just ordered dp tuner, exhaust, and intake from Jodi of DP Tuner and we chatted about updates and stages we will go. Have some rigid industries lights from last build and winch ready.. going to be a little slow, but goal is a norweld style tray for our FWC and lift tires soon.. did an old man emu on last one and was happy with performance

Chorky

Observer
Nice find! I'm jealous of the 6spd. For your power upgrades. I would recommend Aliant stage 1 injectors. Just replaced mine - 215K on stock injectors. Entire engine was pulled for basically a complete rebuild. The Aliant power stg 1 injectors alone made a world of a difference, and no tuning as of yet. From everything I have read and researched, I would skip the turbo for now. At least get some of the other more major stuff done first. I hear a lot of guys who do turbos ending up going back to stock later on... not sure exactly why, but something to research and read before spending the cash on a pricy component. At only stage 1 injectors, it probably wont be much of a noticeable improvement anyway. Again, this is from my own reading and research, i have no personal experience on that - my turbo is stock, and the truck pulls just fine - theres really no need to do 100 up a hill pulling 30K worth of trailer..... Reliability is more important IMHO

Looking forward to your build!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94