Back to the fold, ex-military 110

buff

Observer
Those door tops are so strong, if you put your knee just below the bottom edge and pull the door top toward's you. Holding the top about half way down either side, it should actually bend the top of the door bottoms slightly inward's. Used to work a treat on the old series door top's also.

buff

Observer
Thinking about it, I cut into the door top mounting studs enough to bend the door tops in. Then welded the cuts up.

redneck44

Adventurer
Finally got some pics.

Old engine out

New engine complete with 130 clutch

and a big hole

New engine in position and waiting for new cam belt kit.

A very useful bit that saved me a bit of messing about, from Steve Parker land rovers

And an extended alternator bracket to clear some of the pipework.

cheers

redneck44

Adventurer
A few more pics
It's been running for a while but I wanted to sort it out a bit, before putting up any more pics. I threw the engine in quickly and it wasn't pretty, not that its much better now.:)

And please excuse the K&N it is only a very temporary fix until I sort out a snorkel air box combo.

Got rid of the dustbin lid spotlights, after the headlight upgrade they just weren't needed.

MOB993

Observer
Hi , New here and just beginning a 110 project. Any chance you could take some pictures of the roof up, inside and out? Might be doing something similar with mine. Thanks

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

redneck44

Adventurer
Been a while, can't believe I've still got this old bus, especially after blowing the head gasket etc etc. A quick run through of the last couple of months
Started out like this
P6170901.JPG

P6220935.JPGP6300903.JPGP6300909.JPG

redneck44

Adventurer
New footwells, outriggers and paint, courtesy of YRM metal solutions (excellent parts, good fit and well made)
P7210900a.jpg

A much cleaner gearbox ready for refitting
P7210897.JPG

New cupro-nickel brake lines and bit more paint
P8130899.JPG

Nearly thereP9150924.JPG

A bit of a tidy up of the wiring with a new fuse/relay box for the lights. Moved the washer bottle by fitting a TD5 one under the wing. Modified an air cleaner housing to fit, finally getting rid of the pos K+N. New header tank as the original blew when the head gasket went. Air con pump for an air compressor, only fit the belt when I'm likely to need it.
PA250968a.jpg

Tweaked the front bumper and added a Durite light bar, picked up from a tractor supplies place for half the price the Land Rover suppliers were selling them.PA250970.jpg

redneck44

Adventurer
Time for the back end

P2020003a.jpg
Old rusty bit

P2020006a.jpg
Ooopps

P2030015a.jpg
5mm box section 150 x 100 should last a while, completely boxed with no rust traps

P2030018a.jpg
Not pretty but its stuck on, next stop complete galv chassis

Attachments

• P2110023.JPG
    P2110023.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles