Backup Transportation

CLynn85

Explorer
A few threads on this forum and 4wd trips have talked about brakedowns, being alone, taking the long walk, etc. Bikes were mentioned, but has anyone thought of a go-ped? A friend of mine back in hs had one of these and it was a blast. The handlebar folds down for a fairly compact profile and the all terrain model is perfectly capable of zooming along dirt roads. Just figured I'd post it up for those of you who haven't seen to ogle over and debate

black-bigfoot.jpg

http://www.goped.com/products/bigfoot/default.asp

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
I hate those...

I know hate is strong word, but it seems like every kid in my neighborhood has one of those things with modified exhaust pipes that make them sooo loud. Working the night shifts, I can't stand hearing them go by during the day (My night) while I am trying to sleep. I know a few cities have baned them. So in turn they cause me to loose sleep, and I dislike them solely for that.

However, for a back up I would rather stick to a mountain bike... no gas to rely on and less worries of a breakdown. Just my 2¢.

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
OldSven said:
I used to be one of those kids! Had one of those, and then stepped down to a pocket bike...

I'll throw a stick in your spokes! LOL... I sure would have been one of those kids too.. One is not bad but they have to drive them in groups... My wife and I call them "scooter gangs." It is obnoxiously loud when there is about 5 of them all running at full RPM. Maybe the gas prices will make them all get jobs this summer and I can sleep in peace. :confused:

OldSven

Explorer
They are anoying in sound but when you are on one you can't help but get the dumbest little kid smile on your face. Hey, boys and there toys right:D

datrupr

Expedition Leader
My oldest son has one, and I gotta tell Wil, I too like you hated them. My oldest son was just begging and screaming for one for Christmas. We caved in and bought him one and man, it is a lot of fun. He no longer uses it as he would rather not pay for the gas and 2 stroke oil. It is not a factor of cost either, just teenage laziness.

FortyMileDesert

Adventurer
Mine too. Feet are about the only thing that would work if you're broken down in the middle of northern Nevada. Gotta' be something that will traverse sand, gravel and rock...(Not as in gravel road).

We just usually carry a lot of survival gear and run with a second rig along.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior