Bajataco's Baja trip report - Dec. 05

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
Yes, yet another Baja trip thread. Man, that place is pretty popular these days! :D

Sharon and I had a fun trip that was very loosely structured. About the only for-sure thing we made happen was meeting the Expeditions West group down in Bahia de Los Angeles for a couple nights of camping. That was a blast and it was really fun to hang out with you guys!

During the trip down and back, I tried quite a lot to raise BajaXplorer on the radio, and also Ursidae69, Goodtimes, and Wolfsoul. Who knows where the former was, but I ended up finally contacting him "on the radio" as I pulled right up to his truck out in the middle of nowhere, completely by chance. It was pretty funny. I guess the latter group were totally geeking out in their kayaks on on the windless, perfect weather days in the bays - so no wonder they never heard me. Chuck, you need to get a handheld to carry in your kayak :p

For Sharon and I, despite our relaxed itinerary, going that far south in only a week was really too much driving for her. I was okay with it of course, but usually when she and I do a trip alone, we don't like to rush. Having said that, this was waaay too much driving. On the way back north, I had to practically force myself, to get up off the beach towel, put my shirt and shoes on, and pack the truck to leave. I definitely didn't want to go. I wish we were still down there. Baja is an awesome place :bowdown:

So anyway, here is a little trip report and gallery I put together

BAJA 2005

L_baja0508.jpg

Life_in_4Lo

Explorer
Nice writeup, it looks beautiful there.
Seeing that picture of Pasquale is very calming, i can almost hear him strumming the strings...

DaktariEd

2005, 2006 Tech Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
Wow, that sunset photo is awesome! :bowdown:
I am soooo envious!
I want to go!
I want to go!
:D
Ed

Ursidae69

Expedition Leader
Damn Chris, excellent writeup and very nice photos. I now have something to live up to when I write my trip report this week. :bowdown:

This photo of the Harris Hawks is magazine quality. Very nice amigo. :arabia:

L_baja0553.jpg

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
Thanks Chuck. Those hawks were sooo cool. I slowed the truck down, stopped and turned off the engine. They didn't fly away but you could tell they were a little nervous and were maybe contemplating it. I leaned to the window a bit and started making funny little "kissing" and soft squealing noises. They were INTO it! LOL... they started bobbing their heads and listening and watching. I spoke softly and they seemed to like all of the sounds. They began to relax, and then even took their eyes off of me to preen a bit and look around. When we got going again, they would fly from Cardon to Cardon ahead of the truck and stayed with us for a little while.

The BN Guy

Expedition Leader
Good story and pix. I hope to get out and do some sort of trip soon. Maybe to Big Bend. Hope the scenery is as pretty as where you guys went.

Ursidae69

Expedition Leader
Awesome story on the hawks! I got a photo of a Harris Hawk in 2004 in Baja, but as you can see it isn't near as good as yours! You have that knack for getting objects in the foreground to give a great depth of field. Makes for a much more pleasing image.

Yup... I'm not getting much work done today.... :eek:

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
I'm really stiked that ya'll had good weather. The previous two years in December have been windy and cold!

Or maybe it's just 'cuz I was in Baja!

-H-

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
That looks like you guys had tons of fun and a relaxing trip!
I love the Hammerhead Skull, that is cool!!
Great Pics
That's it, I'm going -- It's like the Caribbean but only 5 hours away!:bowdown:

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
Thanks guys! Cool pic chuck :ylsmoke:

Actually - that is a stingray carcass. They have nasty little teeth, don't they? They also have a serious, venemous "blade" on their tail, which I have had the unfortunate experience of getting nailed by ... TWICE. Definitely one of the most painful, if not THE most painful things I have ever experienced. :eek:

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Chris, great report, and just amazing photos! This is why BajaTaco.com is one of my all time favorite sites. Keep it up, and we can be friends again after the jealousy subsides:hehe: . I am having a big time Mexico jones. I think I am going to have to get down there in either Feb. or March.

Ok, jealousy has subsided:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz