Balancing Tires 385/65R22.5 with a "balancing powder"

VerMonsterRV

Gotta Be Nuts
I ended up having them use the "Equal Flexx" in the 12 ounce package. It was the product they used and after searching them web it seems there is several manufacturers of these beads and they all have similar claims. So the new General Tire Grabber 385/65R22.5's are now installed. To be cautious I had them install the passenger side front tire first so see if they cleared. All looked good. So all went on. Then I drove out of the garage and for some reason the driver's side front just rubs the mud guard while turning. Will have to "adjust the bottom of the guard about 1/4", so no big deal. We will put the lug nut ring on the front back on once they are painted, in process now.

Truck with new tires.jpg

Last edited:

Wyuna

Observer
Nice shade of purple for your camper, not sure it'll fit on the current frame :LOL:

The new wheels look good, it sure doesn't look like the original firetruck:)

VerMonsterRV

Gotta Be Nuts
Got another question for those in Europe. Our truck came with what I am guessing to be a trim ring that protects the front lug nuts. Since we hope to ship this truck to Europe at some point I was wondering of these are a legal requirement?

nathane

I can't picture what you mean, but I don't think there is any requirement for a hub cap type cover if that's what you are thinking.

Sitec

Adventurer
I'm ex UK, and as far as I know they were not a legal requirement.. There more for looks really.. I'm retaining them on mine, as I like them... Some fit a modified version to act as a second step..
Hub 2.PNG

VerMonsterRV

Gotta Be Nuts
From my reading of the "Build Your Own Overland RV" book it seemed like it was a requirement to remove any sharp edges to get registered. With the old rims the lug nuts stuck out well past the tires so I made the assumption. With the new rims the lug nuts are well inside. I do think I agree with you about the looks, I think we will paint ours black and put them back on.

nathane

Here in the UK I'm pretty sure it's not a requirement. Many (most?) Trucks now have plastic thread position indicator arrows on each nut to give a quick visual indicator of nut tightness and the ring you picture here would obstruct these.

Ullie

Adventurer
As you say, you may not have any sharp edges. But it's only for the technical control that it may be a problem. If it is not very obvious (like your wheel nuts), police will never say anything about it.
At my knowlegde, they (technical control and police) don't look at the wheel nuts in Belgium. I've had a problem (technical control, never police) in the past with a home made bumper in the past for our Nissan Patrol at the time. But the 5 years before it was never a problem. So it depends also on the mind set of the guy controling you. Technical control is always a lottery in Belgium. :)

If you're coming with your truck to Europe, they (police) wil not make any remarks on it, because the vehicle is not listed in Europe. It just should not be an obvious danger on the road.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94